The Pipe Fitter’s role is to coordinate with the job site manager to configure pipe systems layouts to construct accurate pipelines from ISOs, drawings, and P&I.D.s. This is achieved by taking field measurements; reading ISOs, drawings, and P&I.D.; cutting threading, and beveling pipe; hanging piping; installing pipe and valves; and securing pipe with supports. The Journeyman Pipe Fitter will apply proven abilities to work with in precise limits or standards of accuracy, the use of logical step-by-step procedure in work, safety, planning, decision making, and problem solving on a daily basis to meet the basic requirements of a DL Jones Construction Journeyman Pipe Fitter employee.
Job Location: Wahpeton, North Dakota
Journeyman Pipe Fitter Responsibilities/Abilities
- Coordinate with job site manager to configure pipe system layouts.
- Read and draw up ISO metric sketches to FAB from.
- Cut, thread, and bevel pipes according to pipe system specs.
- Install piping and valves.
- Secure pipe to walls and fixtures using brackets, clamps, and steel supports.
- Cut and bore holes in bulkheads, floors, decks, walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation.
- Demolition of pipelines
- Able to lift up to 80 lbs. regularly.
- Able to climb up and down stairs regularly.
- Able to stand for a long period of time.
- Able to work at heights without fear.