Duration: 12 months
Purpose: The role will be to develop and implement contracting strategies and plans for subsea and marine installation contracts, design services and supply of subsea equipment contracts on medium to large projects within the Petroleum division. This role will include the management of all pre-award, post-award and closing-out of contract activities through various projects’ phases (study to execution), implement company standards, processes, systems and plans for Petroleum projects that will ensure safe delivery of value maximizing investments. The role will support client’s commitment to inclusion & diversity, will uphold effective HSE as priority, and will preserve the importance of people’s wellbeing. The role will recognize the importance of relationships with regional counterparts, internal and external stakeholders, joint venture partners and society more broadly. Additionally, the role will be committed to exploring and developing opportunities to increase local content and will have an overriding commitment to deliver value to the communities in which we operate.
- Reporting to the PC&P Manager, the role primarily will deliver on the following in relation to Subsea and Marine installation contract work packages, but will also include design services, provision of goods and equipment and manufacturing and supply contracts:
- This role is best suited to a senior C&P professional with projects experience;
- Ensures conformance with the Charter, the Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations;
- Provides an overriding commitment to health (including mental health), safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development with relentless focus on lowering risk exposure;
- Formulates and develops contracting plan’s and sourcing strategies to mitigate risks, maximize opportunities and detail contracting engagements;
- Establishes and maintains risk plan to assure effective management of the scopes of work, formulates mitigation strategies;
- Leads the stakeholder alignment and development of the sourcing strategy for the all contract packages;
- Leads and manages end to end contracting including contract negotiations (development of terms and conditions), coordinates technical scopes of work, including interface with all project disciplines, formation and post-award administration for high risk marine installation contracts;
- Prepares and presents sourcing and contract approval documentation to joint venture partners and internal senior management as required.
- Ensures efficient post-award contract administration of contracts, including contractual correspondence, review, drafting and processing of claims, amendments and change orders, approval of invoices, securing internal approvals, co-ordination and agreement of final accounts and contract close-outs, maintaining and archiving of contract files/documents;
- Conducts commercial bid evaluations including scoring analysis, benchmarking and negotiations with suppliers;
- Prepares formal contractual and commercial correspondence under the contracts;
- Identifies and highlights unresolved commercial problems to the PC&P Manager, Project Managers and Delivery Leads.
- Provides advice on contractual and commercial matters to the Project Managers and Delivery Leads and ensures a proactive approach to claims management.
- Provides input into project budgets and cost forecasting, as required.
- Establishes effective communication channels within the project and functional teams to encourage collaboration;
- Interfaces with all levels within the project team as well as within the function. Leads meetings with interfacing disciplines in support of scope or commercial terms development;
- Leads presentations, negotiations and meetings with contractors as well as within the project team and function;
- Remains informed of contractors and market conditions and evaluate key learnings,
- Identifies opportunities for continuous Improvement;
- Collaborates with Project Services to ensure provision of data requirements for project reporting & control;
- Collaborate with PC&P Manager and Head of Function to ensure alignment of functional standards.
- Whilst the role is advertised as a temporary secondment, there may be opportunity to extend its duration.
- Strong project experience;
- Strong ability to work autonomously and independently;
- Significant stakeholder management experience;
- Ability to manage workloads and deliverables in line with project expectations;
- High level of document drafting skills including souring forms, contract approval forms, C&P Plan’s & C&P Strategies for management review;
- Demonstrated experience on the compilation of varying reimbursement models such as fixed price lump sum, cost reimbursable, schedule of rates (re- measurable), actual cost, provisional sums etc.;
- Contracting strategy development skills, i.e. competitive tender, sole source, EPCM, ECI etc;
- Ability to independently negotiate with contractors/vendors and drive favorable cost commercial outcomes for the business;
- Demonstrable experience with the commercial and contractual management of fabrication and equipment suppliers incl deliverables;
- Understanding of cost reporting, progress measurement and schedule compliance for contractors/vendors;
- Strong contractual knowledge and an ability to draft, review and provide comment on departures/exclusions and/or contract schedules;
- Knowledge of Company ethics, compliance and governance requirements;
- Knowledge of and experience in compiling of the project phase gate deliverables and PC&P requirements for same;
- Negotiation and management skills on high value and complex delivery contracts;
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- Experience on the Global Contract Management System (GCMS).
- Ability to identify risk and assign it to the most suitable owner via robust contract
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with contract law and contract management/administration through pre-award, post award, close-out.
Professional Experience Requirements:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, preferably in an Engineering discipline (s), Construction Management, Economics, Quantity Surveying, Supply Chain, Legal (Construction Law) or related discipline; 10+ years' experience in Contract Management on Capital Projects, a high degree of business acumen with deep understanding of high risk Projects Contracts & Procurement Strategies.
Understanding and experience in:
- Proven track record for tendering and negotiating large and complex installation contracts within the oil and gas, subsea and maritime sectors;
- Extensive project experience and knowledge in contract formation and contract administration required;
- Instinctively knowing what creates value and what levers need to be pushed;
- Contract management - formation through post award management in the home office and in the field (at the jobsite), claims assessment and management;
- Relating well with people with an engaging style, which quickly enables building of trust and strong relationships with stakeholders;
- Ability to bring people together to gain alignment;
- Ability to interface in a global setting across the client’s PC&P organization.
- Thorough experience of the application of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and 365).
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.