Primary function of a Concrete Finisher:
Place and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand tools. Place concrete for walls and footings. Grind and rub hardened concrete to a uniform surface.
Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
- Move discharge chute of truck to direct concrete into forms then spread, level, and smooth concrete, using a rake, come along, shovel, hand, or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float; rough surface with a broom if plan call for it.
- Set forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch, grade, depth.
- Check forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed.
- Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete by using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, and/or hand tools.
- Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
- Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
- Utilize concrete vibrators to consolidate concrete.
- Must be safety minded and adhere to all safety policies.
- Complete all additional duties as required by supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be able to respond quickly to supervisors directions due to the concrete setting up.
- Verify equipment and materials are used properly, and report unsafe conditions to management.
ALL Applicants must be: 18 years of Age, Able to Pass a Drug Test, Legally Eligible to Work in the US. Additional Requirements for Craftworkers: Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required), Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools), May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities).
CROWDER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.