ADECCO HAS PARTNERED WITH A LEADING NATIONAL CIVIL ENGINEERING CLIENT FOR A CIVIL CONSTRUCTION LABORER TO JOIN THEIR TEAM IN THE LABELLE, FLORIDA AREA.
This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity with considerable visibility in a highly anticipated transit improvement project.
THE CIVIL CONSTRUCTION LABORER will assist and support the craft/skilled workers with constructions tasks on a daily basis under the supervision of the foreman, superintendent and/or project manager. These tasks will be completed in a professional manner in adherence to the project timeline, safety policies and procedures, and quality control guidelines.
THE LABORER responsibilities include:
- Perform general construction labor to include jobsite clean-up and moving of materials by hand, unloading trucks, and cleaning or maintaining proper functioning hand held equipment and tools
- Read a tape measure, blueprints, and construction/engineering notes
- Digging, spreading and leveling dirt, sand and gravel using a pick shovel or rake
- Assist with any install, removal, and maintenance of erosion control products and liner
- Work in inclement weather – extreme heat or cold – loud noise, dust, or mud from a construction site
- Work as a team at all times, completing tasks as assigned and necessary for the completion of the project
- Follow all instructions provided in writing or verbally by all superintendents or project managers.
THE LABORER Qualifications and experiences
- 2+ years of general labor working on a civil construction site
- Knowledge and experience of structural concrete, heavy civil concrete, pre-cast carpenter skills and heavy structural concrete application experience is huge plus
- Strong experience with hand held tools, measurement devices and construction materials such as power tools, circular saws, hammers, nails/bolts, wood, rebar, brooms and shovels
- Ability to work outside in the Florida climate during any season of the year – extreme cold and heat
- Must possess ability to traverse civil construction site without assistance as you will frequently be walking, stooping, kneeling, reaching and climbing on uneven ground, ladders, and concrete
- Ability to lift, pull, push, and carry up to 50 pounds – carrying rebar, hand tools, and small construction equipment, etc.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent education
- Communication in English is a must
SALARY RANGE $11.00-$16.00/HOUR + BENEFITS
SALARY WILL CORRESPOND TO EXPERIENCE AS IDENTIFIED BY THE COMPANY.
You are welcome to reach out by phone, 631.844.7952, please leave a message with your information to include a working phone number and times you are available by phone to discuss this position.
I look forward to your reply.