Join us in the construction of the newest United States aircraft carrier at Huntington Ingalls Newport News Shipbuilding. Structural Welders are an immedidate need. Prior to performing work at HINNS all Welders must successfully pass the below tests at the Newport News welding school. Must be a U.S. citizen and applicants responding to this position will be subject to a background investigation and hair follicle drug testing.
Must be able to work any shift. Must have reliable transportation. Resumes are REQUIRED for consideration.
Four years commercial / industrial / naval experience as a first class Welder.
1. Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the following processes: SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), Pulse Arc Welding and FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding).
2. Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
3. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
4. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
5. Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
6. Ability to properly use fillet and butt weld gauges.
This position offers:
* Competitive wages ($38.00 to $45.00 per hour depending upon certifications obtained)
* Per Diem for Qualified candidates (permanent residence MUST be over 75 miles from of shipyard)
* Long Term work opportunity
* Overtime on an as needed basis
* Health Insurance
* Vacation Bonus
* Holiday Bonus
Thank you for your interest!