Structural Fitters are needed for performing shipyardwork at Huntington Ingalls Newport News Shipbuilding in Newport News, VA.
Candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years' commercial/naval experience as a first class Fitter
1. Tack Welding-- Multi-pass (NAVSEA Technical Publication 39074-AQ-GIB-010/248)
2. Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
3. Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
4. Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
5. Ability to comprehend fractional dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
6. Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
7. Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
8. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipbuilding, steel fabrication, etc.).
9. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
10. Use vibratory tools (grinders and needle guns).
Tack Welding Qualification:
All Shipfitters will be required to pass a Multi-pass Tack Welder Qualification Test upon reporting for the first day of work. This test will be in accordance with Tech
Must be a U.S. citizen and applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Must be able to pass a background check and a hair follicle (HFT) drug test.
Must be able to work any shift. Must have reliable transportation.
Resumes are REQUIRED for consideration.
This position offers:
* Top dollar wages- $38.00 to $45.00 per hour
* Per Diem for qualified candidates (permanent residence must be over 75 miles outside of shipyard)
* Long Term work opportunity
* Overtime on an as needed basis
* Health Insurance
* Vacation Bonus
* Holiday Bonus