Reports to: Foreman
Benefit Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Education Requirements: One year certificate from a technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: One year related experience.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Inventories materials on work floor, and supply workers with materials as needed.
- Weighs materials or products and records weight on tags, labels, or production schedules.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- Greases, oils, and performs minor repairs on equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos. For Dozer operators-the ability to read grade stakes. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
*All job offers are contingent upon receiving a negative drug/alcohol test result and a satisfactory physical examination designed solely to determine your physical ability to perform the duties of the positing being offered to you. Field employees are subject to random drug testing.