At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
1. Is responsible for the proper daily operation and complete proper set up of the semi-automatic drum
filling operation. This set up includes all proper tank connections prior to the filling operation and all
proper tank and line and machine clean outs following filling operation.
2. Is responsible for correctly setting proper weights on filler and insures that containers are properly
filled, labeled, coded, capped and palletized in accordance with written packaging instructions or as
directed by the supervisor.
3. Is responsible for correct hose hook ups and operation of control panels which control proper flow of
materials to all semi-automatic drum/tote filling lines.
4. Is responsible for meeting schedules and standards as outlined by management.
5. Must maintain written and/or electronic records as required by management (i.e. cGMP and ISO
6. Under the direction and monitoring of department supervisor must be capable of training a replacement
Bulk Filler, as required.
7. Is responsible for keeping equipment and surrounding work area clean at all times.
Job Description Cont.
8. Must exercise extreme caution in order to not damage other materials or property while operating
moving equipment and must at all times exercise extreme caution for the safety of other employees.
9. Performs other duties as directed by Lead or supervisor.
10. Is responsible for marking containers of hazardous waste, such as CIP products, etc., as “Hazardous
11. Is responsible for repackaging operation, as defined by procedure.
12. Repackaging operation is responsible for ensuring that obsolete or shipment damaged products, which
have no commercial value, which are also hazardous by virtue of ignitability, corrosivity or reactivity,
are segregated for disposal by a hazardous waste contractor. Repacking operation is responsible for
ensuring that such materials are contained in compatible containers in good condition.
13. Must be certain that all openings and closing devices and related equipment are properly secured, and all
machine guards in place and lock out/tag out procedures followed.
High School Graduate or equivalent.
Ability to read and comprehend written instructions, safety warning labels, and machine instruction manuals.
Basic math, writing and data entry skills.
Knowledge of liquid filling machinery, pumps, valves, piping and cGMP’s desirable.
May be expected to move, carry, and lift approximately 60 pounds for extended periods of time. May be
expected to climb heights of approximately 10 feet. Stand for long periods of time.
Good hand/eye coordination. Good peripheral vision and manual dexterity. Must be able to read scales, dials
and gages. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment, as required.
Equipment listed below (Specific Job Requirements) may be used as needed to assist in these Required
Special Job Requirements
Pneumatic and electrical pumps, mechanical and electric scales, drum fillers, filters and primemovers.
Filling of 5, 15, 30, 55 gallon pail/drums. Washing and filling tote bins.
$19.29 per hour
STERIS plc is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 12,000 employees worldwide.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.