Kodak is Hiring!
We are looking for a Pipefitter to join our Advanced Materials & Chemicals department in Rochester, NY
Kodak offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the revitalization of an iconic global company. We combine the strength of a brand that is recognized and beloved around the world with the excitement and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We are stable, profitable, optimistic about the future and looking for professionals with energy, ideas and ambition to help us take next steps in completing our transformation. We're building a culture which values creativity in all its forms, having a global perspective, a focus on sustainability, and the kind of trust that enables us to succeed by taking calculated risks. Kodak has a rich heritage of leadership and innovation, but is also, in many ways, still inventing itself. At this stage of our comeback, Kodak is truly a place where you can make a difference.
As a Pipefitter you will perform the following duties:
• Pipefitter to provide multi-discipline capability to repair, maintain, install and make improvements on chemical processing equipment and building services (includes process piping, building service piping, pneumatics, and hydraulics)
• Ability to work with variety of materials and piping system components (stainless steel, steel, glass-lined, plastic, copper, fibercast, etc.)
• Ability to achieve a high level of process expertise to effectively troubleshoot and repair equipment, including root cause analysis.
• Includes maintenance of steam traps, specialized valves, filtration systems, steam ejectors, and other specialized equipment.
• Execute preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and maintenance software tools.
• Flexibility to change based on priorities
• Some experience or expertise in mechanical, HVAC equipment and process controls would be a plus.
• Welding certification a plus.
• Dependable, maintain good attendance
• Maintain a clean work area and operate in a safe manner at all times.
• Must demonstrate effective analytical troubleshooting skills
• Able to read pipe and machine drawings
• Understanding of piping codes for hazardous environments (flammable liquids)
• Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Excellent safety record - places safety and environment as top priority in all work
• Knowledge of Lock Out / Tag Out
• Good communication skills - daily communications with leaders, maintenance planner, technical staff, engineering and operations as needed.
• Team player - willing to be flexible, often work in other areas and with other trades as needed to support maintenance team.
• Significant walking, climbing stairs or other means of mobility.
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
• Ability to work off of ladders or scaffolding, and in awkward positions
• Indoor and outdoor work assignments
• Wear protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
• Graduate of apprentice program or equivalent demonstrated skill level
• HS diploma
• Work hours:
o Monday - Friday, 8-hour days (40 hours/week)
o Willing to work some overtime, as needed, to support production.
EOE Policy Statement
Kodak is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are free to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, age, disability or veteran status or any other Federal or State legally protected classes. Read our EOE Policy Statement.
Employment Sponsorship Notification