MasTec’s Clean Energy and Infrastructure Group (CE&I) is a $2 billion annual revenue business unit that provides construction services for industrial facilities; building products manufacturers, power generation facilities, manufacturing plants; solar, wind, and thermal energy plants; buildings, and infrastructure.
Within the CE&I group, the MasTec Industrial sector includes sister companies Casey Industrial, Phoenix Industrial and Wanzek Industrial. This collective industrial group provides a merit shop, multi-craft industrial contractor with the ability to self-perform all major craft trades that ensures greater safety, quality, flexibility, and economy in delivering the work required to complete each project. The collective experience and knowledge of this team provides comprehensive project development, pre-construction planning, and project management with the mastery to successfully manage projects that meet deliverable and budgetary requirements. With every project, we commit to providing the highest levels of quality, safety, and value.
At MasTec Industrial, we are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best talent. No matter your role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our success as we deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Responsible for operating various types of heavy equipment, including but not limited to front end loaders (4CY or greater), motor grader, excavator (20 ton class or larger), dozer, scraper, tractor – pan, track hoe, skid pan, PD-10, trencher, and applicable light and medium equipment to perform construction task such as land clearing, common/mass excavation, pond/reservoir excavation, rough grade/finish grade roadway, underground utility work for various types of heavy civil, industrial, and wind projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promote and comply with all Company and safety policies and procedures
- Operates heavy equipment and includes knowledge of equipment functions, running, navigating, detects or assesses problems, mechanical aptitude, and driving
- May build level and/or extreme terrain and excavate land surfaces, using various pieces of construction equipment listed above
- Drive and maneuver equipment equipped with blades in successive passes over working areas to remove topsoil, vegetation, and rocks and to distribute and level earth or terrain
- Gather and load dirt, stone, equipment, materials, and waste product from jobsite onto trucks using different pieces of equipment
- Ability to excavate trenches with proper slopes per OSHA
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly, listen and understand information through spoken words and sentences to ensure full comprehension of job duties, safety regulations, and other situations that may require an immediate response
- Perform maintenance duties such as cleaning, greasing and oiling machines; fill out maintenance reports daily
- May be required to travel to different jobsites on limited notice
- Position may involve performing other duties as required which may not be mentioned and may change from time to time as assigned by Superintendent or Foreman
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience in heavy equipment operation role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Be knowledgeable of MIC Health and Safety programs and project specific regulations.
- When on-site, actively participate in daily toolbox meetings with crews and subcontractors.
- Set a personal example of safe behavior.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Add and subtract two-digit numbers, multiply and divide with 10's and 100's and ability to perform these operations using units weight measurement and volume
- Common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form
- Ability to work within precise standards of accuracy and follow set procedures and standards
- Other may duties may be assigned
- Work up to a 12-hour shift doing hard physical work in varying temperatures and outside conditions.
- May need to maintain physical strength and stamina; Use arms, hands, and legs fully; Push, pull, and frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; and stoop, kneel, balance, crouch, crawl, and climb to perform job tasks.
- Stamina to perform this task repetitively and continuously for several hour intervals.
- Uncontrolled environmental conditions: Constant change in weather and site conditions.
- This work environment may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to- safety toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.).
- Move in and around confined, cluttered, and uneven areas.
- May need to work at heights and must be able to abide by all safety and fall-protection requirements; must be able to wear and utilize all safety equipment required for work at heights.
- Evaluate information based on measurable standards; and see details in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes and shadings.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from drawings.
- Keep good balance and work at heights.
- See well (either naturally or with correction).
- Hear well (either naturally or with correction.)
- Coordinate the use of eyes, hands, and feet.
This position is a Full-Time position scheduled to work typically 50 hours per week. Schedule is subject to projects requirements.
Travel required up to 90%. Position requires presence directly on the Project Site location with intermittent travel to residence of record.
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401k, Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), Legal Services, Subsistence- based on company policy if residence of record is 60 miles or greater from the project site.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions