The Piping Superintendent is responsible for the planning and execution of Piping/hanger installation performed by Phoenix Industrial direct hire craft and subcontractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mechanical piping, supports, hanger and welding installations for both A/G and U/G operations
- Determine manpower tools, equipment and material requirements for the craft.
- Evaluate and collaborate piping support installation, small and large bore pipe installation, insulation activities along with flushing and pressure testing.
- Develop daily craft assignments to be performed and review work accomplished.
- Prepare short and long term schedules, interface with other discipline superintendents and field engineers.
- Supervise and direct subordinate personnel and craft in construction activities within the piping discipline.
- Develop Mechanical/piping craft loading and manpower forecasts.
- Monitor actual work performance compared to the project budget and schedule.
- Coordinate activities with other disciplines and clients' residence representative as instructed by construction management.
- Perform personnel evaluations on subordinate personnel.
- Ensure the most current design documentation is being utilized to complete activities.
- Coordinate subcontractor labor supervision and craft distribution as required.
- Provide leadership for the safety, accident prevention, and fire prevention programs on the project
- Hold valid first aid and supervisor training certificates.
- Conduct daily toolbox meetings with crews and subcontractors.
- Review and approve SWPs for assigned projects.
- Conduct and record regular safety inspections on assigned projects.
- Promptly and accurately complete investigations and reports on all near misses and all personal injury or property damage accidents.
- Set a personal example of safe behavior.
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods of construction practices and project execution.
- Training and practical knowledge of construction trades.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have good communication skills and related team-building skills required to instruct, motivate, and manage field employees and to communicate effectively with customers.
- Must work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction and adheres to feedback from Phoenix management.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance in accordance with project and company work hours.
- Must be able to travel and complete extended assignments in the field away from home with monthly reimbursed opportunity to travel home.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years experience in a Superintendent role, 8 year experience in construction field work leading crew or construction trade training and 8 years experience in construction field work.