This unique position is for a quality minded person who likes to travel. The Foreman will supervise multiple crews or subcontractors located across the United States that are performing various projects for industrial automation facilities such as distribution centers. This position will require travel and extended stays at various job locations. The Foreman is the eyes of the Project Manager in the field and will report the status of the project on a regular basis. He or she will ensure that all required documentation from the jobsites are being submitted as required and are being completed to spec.
The Electrical Foreman will oversee the progress of various projects and ensure that all employees and/or subcontractors are working to the requirements of the job (i.e. State and Federal codes, customer expectations, ASE standards, etc.). The Foreman will ensure that all safety requirements are being followed to company policy and will take action to correct any deficiencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Tracks job progress and reports to Project Manager.
• Ensures crew or subcontractor meets project timelines and completes work to applicable codes, customer and ASE standards.
• Coordinate with Project Management, Customer and other trades as needed.
• Provide Project Manager with all documentation associated with project during installation and upon completion.
• Maintain accountability for the safety of the teams under direction.
• Secure a good knowledge of company policies, procedures and practices, and consistently enforces them.
• Creates or oversees schedule of tasks for members of the teams.
• Evaluate, coach and train subordinates.
• Ensure all safety and code compliance requirements are enforced.
• Enforce employee compliance with training requirements.
• Perform Safety Analysis audits and corrective actions on safety gaps.
• Use electrical testing instruments such as, but not limited to, volt meters and programming terminals to test panel components.
• Perform and oversee the measuring, cutting, bending, threading, assembling and installation of conduit.
• Operate Fork Lift’s, Scissor lifts, and other Powered Industrial equipment as required.
• Enforcement of the Company’s “Code of Conduct” and safety policies (i.e. LOTO, Machine Guarding, etc...)
• Overseeing or participating in wire installations with conduit and cable trays.
• Enforce the tracking and maintaining of company tools and material.
• Fulltime 40HR+ work week position.
• Regular attendance and punctuality to assigned schedule
• Ability to work overtime and weekends as required.
• Ability to travel for weeks at a time (Travel 90% - 100%).
• Ability to train and motivate individuals and crews.
• Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects
• Ability to perform tasks wearing required PPE.
• Ability to work as a team in both union and non-union environments.
• Ability to supervise and mentor electrical apprentices.
• Ability to use Power tools such as but not limited to a grinder, sawzall, band saw, drill, impact, skill saw, hammer drill, etc.
• Ability to use a “Smart Phone” or “Tablet” to send and receive emails.
Qualifications and Experience:
• High school diploma or educational equivalent.
• Completion of Technical schooling is preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of progressive experience in mechanical / industrial electrical construction as a foreman
• A valid state Journeyman or Certified General Electrician’s license.
• Valid driver’s license
• Clean driving record and the ability to drive company vehicles.
• Active Forklift certification/card (or attainable with recertification).
• Pass background, drug screen and E-verify checks.
• Experience working with conveyor systems or similar industrial machinery.
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
• Experience leading and motivating crews.
• Extensive experience with Motor Controls, Control Wiring and PLC for industrial machinery
• Strong knowledge of electrical codes (NEC)
• Strong knowledge of OSHA regulations (or willingness to learn and enforce them)
• Have a high regard and ownership for personal safety and the safety of others.
• Knowledge of other construction trades a plus.
• “Arc” or “Mig” electric or gas welding experience a plus!
• Strong computer and communication skills.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Strong work ethic.
• Self-starter, eager to learn and take on new tasks.
• Conditions vary greatly depending on geographical location and can expose employee to cold or hot weather and humid or dry conditions.
•Jobs are mostly indoors but can require outdoor work as well.
•Ability to stand and work for up to twelve (12) hours in a workday.
•Able to drive long distances to work and stay the night if necessary.
•May be exposed to locations at elevation.
•Work around and near high/low voltage circuits.
•Electrical work can expose employee to risks such as electrical shock.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
•Ability to stand for most if not all of the work day.
•Ability to lift and move up to 75 lbs. in construction work environments.
•Ability to work in loud industrial environment when required.
•Ability to work in awkward positions, such us bending over frequently, working overhead,working in tight spaces or on ladders.
•Ability to work in a fast paced environment
•Use of vibrating and jarring hand tools, power tools, welders, and heavy equipment on a regularbasis.
•Ability to handle deadline driven and sometimes stressful work environments.
•Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
•Medical and Dental health insurance
•401(k) retirement plan
•Paid Travel Expenses
•Lots of Travel
All Systems Electrical is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to the protections provided by federal, state, or local laws to all employees and applicants. All employment is decided based on applicant qualifications and business needs. We maintain a safe and drug free workplace