*** LAB VIEW EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS ROLE ***
If you work at NTS, you'll want to tell everyone you know about your new role. Why? We might be the coolest company on the planet. And part of that is because we can simulate any condition on earth-and beyond. You read that correctly. We can generate 2.4 million volts of lightning inside the lab. We can simulate earthquakes and hurricane force wind. And oh yeah, we work with NASA to replicate conditions in space. Established in 1961, we've been part of every major space program for decades. But that's not all. We test everything from electromagnetic interference to explosive devices. With this rare level of expertise across numerous laboratories, we serve a variety of industries, including aerospace, defense, space, telecom, IoT, automotive, and more. When you work at NTS, you're working with some of the brightest technical minds in the world-and you get to tell your friends that your work is critical to national security, space exploration, and the next generation of technology-driven products.
Perform calibration and maintenance of instrumentation, test measurement and diagnostic equipment to support the testing requirements of facility. Serves as resource to facility on troubleshooting equipment, calibration and measurement. Instrumentation: equipment software (hardware) used in the control and automation of test setups. Power, connection, communication requirements of data acquisition.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Setup and Calibration - Ensure all test equipment and associated software is functioning properly. Includes building complex test circuitry
• Troubleshooting - Perform necessary steps to fix faulty test equipment. Troubleshoot wiring and computer problems
• Data Collection - Capture necessary information of the maintenance of test equipment, such as pressure transducers, strain gauges and flow meters. Prepare calibration and data reports
• Other - Perform other duties as assigned
• Under General Supervision, can perform certain recurring work independently
• Some interaction with clients
• Understanding of routine and moderately-complex electrical and mechanical operations. Working knowledge of Oscilloscopes and other data collection instruments; working knowledge of circuitry design, trouble shooting, safety practices and wiring
• Comprehensive mechanical, MS Office and Data Acquisition Hardware skills; Able to use all standard and complex instrumentation, temperature probes, thermocouples, pressure transducers and accelerometers
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• HS Diploma or GED. Technical Certification, AA or AS degree preferred
• 2-6 Years of experience
Test lab with exposure to sudden, loud noises
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT: It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V