Precision Industrial Contractors, Inc. is seeking a Millwright Superintendent for immediate hire.
We offer Competitive wage, 401k plan, Employee Paid Medical, Paid Holidays, Hotel + Per-Diem for Travel + other Perks.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Oversees, supervises and performs the daily construction activities at a work site.
- Responsible for safety, scope, budget, and schedule and the overall progress of the project, as well as the scheduling of workers and the delivery of equipment and materials.
- Works with contractors to complete project within the given budget and time frame.
- Resolves contract disputes and arranges any necessary order changes.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Leads and directs the work of Millwrights.
- Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures. Dismantle machinery or equipment, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
- Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails, using hand tools and power tools.
- Constructs foundation for machines, using hand tools and building materials, such as wood cement, and steel.
- Aligns machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, lasers, and plumb bobs.
- Assembles machinery and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- May operate engine lathe or milling machine to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
- Required repair and lubricate machinery and equipment.
- Selects cables, ropes, chains, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Attaches load with grappling devices, such as loops, wires, ropes, and chains, to crane hook.
- Sets up, braces, and rigs hoisting equipment’s, using hand tools and power wrenches.
- May direct workers engaged in hoisting of machinery and equipment.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- OSHA 30 certification
- 3-5 Year’s experience as a Millwright, Preferably within the Pulp Paper industry
- Follow instructions and read blueprints.
- Look at flat drawings or pictures and visualize how they would look as solid objects.
- Work at heights without fear.
- Plan work and solve problems.
Additional Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen