SALARY: DOE Hourly plus OT + Per diem
The individual will support and assist Project Engineer and Project managers to develop and manage project schedule during planning and execution. Develop resources loaded schedule to support capital projects and expense projects. Manage project portfolio schedule reports. The scheduler must be able to review project schedule variances, including floats, baseline variances, resource forecast, and advise on recommendation to bring schedule on track.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- The ability to use prior project knowledge to build conceptual schedules
- Provide assurance on all schedules submitted by contractors according to the Client’s project guidelines.
- Incorporate contractor detailed engineering and construction schedules with Client’s activities to build a complete integrated project schedule.
- Analyze schedule logic, activity duration’s, constraints, float, resource loading, etc.
- Review critical path(s). Level resources as needed to support project constraints.
- Provide a schedule package appropriate for the project stage gate approval team.
- Develop a schedule risk analysis component of the schedule assurance process.
- Coordinate and facilitate interactive planning meeting for all projects requesting final investment funding as part of the assurance activity.
- Consolidate the capital project portfolio schedules monthly by gathering all active projects together electronically on the Client’s network.
- Understand and using scheduling metric tools to improve schedule predictability. Incorporate recommendations regarding scheduling into current scheduling process.
- Update the project progress reports with planned dates as schedules are approved.
- Develop, maintain, and revise scheduling templates that incorporate all project phases.
- Report scheduling information quarterly to support development of the KPI stoplight charts.
- Perform site focal point duties for Primavera database. These duties include adding new users, monitoring global codes, calendars and resources.
- Perform analysis to track deltas between planned and actual dates and durations. Create a statistical understanding of planned data versus actual outcomes.
- Develop / update schedule procedures and work processed as necessary.
- Interface with Project manager and project engineer to develop CPM resource loaded schedule.
- During execution maintain weekly project schedule update. Generate weekly schedule reports for project engineer and Project manager
- Analyze schedule variances and recommend solution to bring schedule back on track.
- Facilitate project schedule update meeting.
- Strong effective communication skill required. Ability to interact and work well with others as a team and able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong project management experience in planning and scheduling for capital projects. knowledgeable in developing engineering, procurement, and construction schedule
- Proficient in developing CPM resource loaded schedule
- Must be proficient with Primavera 6 V8.3 or latest version
- Proficient in Earned Value Management system
- Proficient in MS Office applications Excel and Word, and general knowledge of database systems, and other basic office/administrative software.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational and analytical skills,
- Previous experience working in Chemical Plant/Refining Plant a plus