Lummus Consultants an autonomous international business within McDermott Technology is seeking a Principal Electrical Consultant for our Canton, MA office. The PPL Electrical Consultant will work as part of a team evaluating electrical components and systems of existing power generation facilities or new build projects as part of clients’ due diligence efforts. The assignments may also include owner’s engineer work or assessment of power delivery systems. The position requires sufficient experience to lead or support an assignment. Lummus Consultants provides technical due diligence to lenders, investors, owners, sellers, buyers and project developers.
- Responsible for electrical systems review on power project assignments
- Have a solid working knowledge of generators, transformers, control systems, interconnection systems, and high voltage direct current transmission systems
- Able to quickly assess material issues based on past experience with other projects
- Will be required to forecast the necessary capital expenditure budget to ensure reliable long term operation of the electrical equipment associated with each project
- Write clear and concise reports; coordinate activities with other team members, and relay the results of the due diligence to the client or the client’s advisors
- Carry out multiple (short duration) projects concurrently, meeting tight client deadlines
- Lead technical due diligence activities on power generation and power delivery projects including review of electrical design, execution plans, O&M and performance metrics, project capital costs, and contracts
- Lead a site assessment team as part of the due diligence activities and should be comfortable with interviewing plant staff
- Will be required to support business development, marketing and proposal development efforts
- Additional business areas may be identified based on the candidate’s work history, strengths, and interests
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 15 years of relevant professional experience in the power sector
- Previous consulting experience is highly beneficial
- Knowledge and experience with renewable energy projects
- Strong knowledge of electrical power delivery technology and electrical equipment design, operation, and condition
- The candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact with peers and clients from different nationalities and cultures
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experienced engineer with general power plant knowledge and particular experience with electrical systems to provide expert technical and operational consultation for the assessment of conventional and renewable power generation projects and power delivery systems
- The position requires an individual with a broad knowledge of electrical equipment, control systems, system design, costs and project execution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are important to interface with clients and internal team
Position will be located in the Canton, MA office. Job-related travel (business trips usually requiring less than a two-week duration) including international travel to project locations is an important part of the work. Travel may average 10 to 30 percent.
Lummus Consultants Overview:
Lummus Consultants Power Project Services provides technical and operational evaluations of capital projects in the power generation industry with a focus on examining issues surrounding the technical design, execution, and operation of projects. We evaluate technology, design development, contracting strategies, project costs, prospective contractors, proposed execution, schedule and proposed operations and maintenance, overall project performance and the technical inputs to the pro forma financial models, i.e. how each of these parameters will separately and collectively affect the overall project economic forecast.
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
Primary Location: USA-Massachusetts-Canton
Employee Status: Direct / Regular
Job Posting: Jul 18, 2018, 11:59:30 AM