The Foreman is responsible for the supervision of work crews in the timely and safe completion of assigned projects. This position is deemed ‘safety sensitive’ due to the fact that a person improperly performing the essential or marginal functions of the job would constitute a threat to the health or safety of the employee, the employee’s co-workers, and/or the public at large.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of work crews engaged in erecting structural steel, sheeting, civil work, mechanical, and pipe work.
- Assist workers in performance of tasks, such as welding, bolting, erecting, assembling, and finishing.
- Prepares performance reviews, warning/counseling reports and termination reports.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of time sheets and work reports for Office Managers and Field Superintendents.
- Serve as a liaison with clients and vendors to provide project solutions.
- Responsible for adhering to all company safety program, QA/QC program, and OSHA regulations.
- The ability to work overtime and regular, punctual attendance is required.
Minimum of three years’ experience as a craftsman is required. Must have previous supervisory experience. Must have good oral communication skills. Must have all required hand tools.
Ability to lift in excess of 100 pounds occasionally and be able to climb to heights in excess of 300 feet. Must be able to pull body weight when climbing steel bracing, ladders, scaffolding, etc. Job requires frequent amounts of bending, stooping, carrying, pushing and pulling. Must be able to tolerate temperature fluctuations, loud noises, and a dusty work environment. Must be able to be around high voltage electromagnetic fields. Some travel required. Must be able to work long hours, weekends, holidays, and overtime. All of the physical demands listed are essential functions.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be considered an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. I have reviewed, understand and can perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations. All of the physical demands listed are essential functions.
- Medical Insurance
- HSA with Employer contributions
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Group and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) with Employer Match