Responsible for estimating costs for project bids. Maintain vendor database and keep rates current. Interface with Senior Managers, Project Manager and clients regarding bid estimates.
BS degree in an engineering or technically related discipline. Minimum of five (5) of practical experience estimating D&D, and projects for government clients (i.e., DOD, DOE, USACE). Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, ProCore and Excel.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management (i.e., budgeting, job costing, procurement and contract management).
- Experience with cost estimating using RS Means, MCASSE, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with proposal development (technical base and cost).
- Minimum of five (5) years of practical experience estimating D&D, environmental, and remediation type projects.
- Working knowledge managing DOE, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, NAVFAC and/or AFCEE programs/projects including FUSRAP, FUDS, FIRP, etc.
- Individual shall be familiar with demolition, and construction processes, techniques and requirements.
- Understanding of quality assurance (QA)/quality control (QC) processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety management.
- Strong familiarity with 10 CFR 835, OSHA 1910.120 and other applicable regulatory guidelines within DOD, DOE and NRC.
- Federal and state regulator interface including USEPA, USDOT, and NRC.
- Experience interacting with federal agencies including USACE, DHS, DOD, DOE, USWFS, USFS, and BLM.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide cost estimates for construction project(s) including scheduling and technical quality.
- Attend site walks and pre-proposal conferences.
- Assist with or lead proposal development to include technical base and cost estimates.
- Create, maintain and generate spreadsheet reports as required and provide to Program Manager as well as customers.
- Obtain approval for procurement of equipment, parts, supplies as needed.
- Monitor all project tasks and subcontractor compliance to contractual requirements to meet or exceed project schedule/milestones.
- Support the estimation of change orders, etc. for work scope changes for ongoing/existing projects.