Education Requirements: Pursuing an Bachelor’s degree in Film, Cinematography, Graphic Arts, Marketing, or closely related field required or combinations of related experience and training.
Experience: Experience working with audio/video project planning, scripting, filming and editing with a deep understanding of digital workflow, camera types and file formats.
Position Summary: Support the Learning & Development team in creating engaging training content that creates results. The individual will help develop projects from concept through shooting, editing, voiceover and delivery. Responsible for taking raw audio/video footage/photos and edit to a finished project that aligns with training needs and branding requirements of the company.
Essential Job Functions
- Works with Multimedia Production Specialist & Instructional Designers to understand the audio and visual needs of training projects, taking direction on what needs to be captured from an Instructional Designer or Subject Matter Expert.
- Using creative and technical expertise, makes recommendations on how to best capture those elements for the specific project.
- Captures video, 360-degree video, photography and sound elements.
- Edits elements to create effective videos, audio files and images to meet designated budget, schedule and quality.
- Ensures videos are accurate, directed for the targeted audience and content meets brand standards and the creative vision.
- Coordinates the administrative and logistical aspect of video production planning and execution, including the setup and operation (i.e. lighting, audio, camera) as well as direct green screen and/or voice talent.
- Creates thumbnails, edits photos for uploads, selects music and sound effects from approved sources and prepares media files to be shared across multiple platforms such as Adobe, web-based video delivery and the internal Learning Management System.
- Ensures all digital files are saved, stored, and digitally catalogued for efficient retrieval.
- Identify opportunities for streamlining work and reducing waste in order to improve efficiency including researching and suggesting solutions that bring value to the company.
- Ensures all filming and production and distribution is conducted with necessary consents, and complies with applicable copyright and privacy laws as well as with company policies.
- Is responsible for the storage, shipment and logistical process associated with Virtual Reality equipment for training.
- Supports training events and the Learning & Development team on other projects as needed.
Additional Job Functions
- Perform other duties per supervisor’s discretion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-driven team player who strives for excellence
- Knowledgeable in sourcing stock images, sound and video footage
- Ability to tell compelling visual stories using audio/video/photo editing skills
- Proficiency in audio/video/photo equipment and editing software (e.g. Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut), and media file conversion software
- Have an understanding of eLearning rapid authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate and Camtasia
- Ability to communicate effectively with everyone involved in the production, while delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Have a basic understanding of adult learning theory, design principles and evaluation
- Has the ability to learn new applications and tools quickly
- Has strong problem-solving skills
- Having Virtual Reality experience is a plus or having the desire to learn about capturing 360-degree video for creating Virtual Reality experiences
- Knowledge of the construction industry or renewable energy is a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle driving record (MVR).
- Occasional travel as needed