If you are an outstanding employee looking for a phenomenal company with excellent job opportunities, then look no more! We are the company for you! Our team is dedicated to placing hard workers in the best positions we have to offer! We are currently seeking Firewatch to work in Virginia.
- Must have a current red badge government security pass (DBIDS)
- OSHA 10 Maritime & Firewatch Training
- Must be able to pass a seven-year background check w/ No Felonies
- Must pass drug test and E-Verify.
- Personal Protective Equipment:
Hard Hat, Steel Toe Safety Boots, Safety Glasses, Gloves
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Make sure tank/compartment has an updated Marine Chemist Certificate or Competent Person Ticket and those requirements of the ticket have been met
- Assure that conditions of the tank/compartment have not changed since the ticket was written.
- Make sure tank compartment has HOT Work Chit posted with the correct location number and proper signatures.
- Make sure to check for combustible material within 35 ft. Of hot work in either the horizontal or vertical direction. If cannot be removed it should be protected with flame proof covers or otherwise shielded with metal.
- Make sure personal protective equipment is worn on the job site at all times.
- Must establish communication procedures with Hot Work Operator to start and stop hot work in case of fire or emergency occurs.
- Make sure fire extinguishers are fully operational and within reach while hot work is in progress.
- Must observe 30-minute cool down after completion of hot work.
- Must attempt to extinguish the fire during incipient stage, notify your Hot Work Operator and if unable to extinguish the fire evacuate the space and notify the OOD on the quarter deck
A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. Employees through Essential Staff Care. Available plans include:
- Medical / Prescription
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Short Term Disability Benefits
- Term Life Benefits
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!