Since 1947, Crowder has built a legacy of success in the construction industry. We work throughout the Southeast on heavy construction infrastructure projects ranging from bridges, dams, water and waste water treatment facilities, power plants and other energy facilities. We are a general contractor who self performs civil, electrical and mechanical trades on both traditional and more complex alternative delivery projects.
As a family-owned company, it is the spirit of not only doing the right things, but doing things the right way that is the true legacy of our founders and our people. Crowder is Building America and Proud of It® as reflected in our Mission Statement:
We are dedicated to superior performance and committed to making a positive difference for our clients, for our communities, and in the lives of our employees.
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today.
CROWDER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER
Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
Primary function of a Senior Project Manager: Highest level Project Manager responsible for overall direction of the largest revenue projects of the company, whether single or multiple project responsibility. Establishes project objectives and policies, maintains liaison with prime client contracts, and manages construction and financial activities. Minimum experience level of 10+ years in industrial construction is required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide proactive leadership.
- Plan work and purchase materials with safety in mind.
- Promote and inspect for compliance with Crowder safety regulations on the project.
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Plan, organize and staff key field positions through Operations, Division Manager and/or General Superintendent.
- Develop project budgets upon assignment and notification of award.
- Manage the procurement process including labor, equipment, materials, and subcontracts.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts including accurate:
- Invoice review and approval including timely subcontract and vendor payment.
- Monthly Gross Margin Reports.
- Post-construction cost reviews and reporting.
- Positive cash flow management.
- And timely billing.
- Provide estimating with actual cost information to enhance the accuracy of future bids.
- Develop prime contract change orders for review by Division Manager.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client, subcontractors, and vendors to facilitate construction activities including value engineering.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Participate in regular meetings with Owners, Subcontractors and Engineers.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by Division Manager.
- Develop subcontract and purchase order scope.
- Facilitate T&C negotiations with Division Manager.
- Develop and maintain project Critical Path Method (CPM) schedule.
- Obtain all project required permits; forecast and update all logs; project close-out in its entirety.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with:
- Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, Project Engineers, and/or Co-Ops
- Superintendents and all field personnel
- Estimating, Business Development, and all other administrative staff
- Owners and engineers
- Vendors and subcontractors
- Develop Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, Project Engineers, and Co-Ops through coaching, training and mentoring.
- Provide overall management direction for one or more projects and develop new business opportunities relative to a particular Client, group of Clients or geographical area.
- Lead regular planning meetings with project staff as well as participate in regular meetings with owner, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Properly document issues and/or terminate substandard employees as necessary.
- Participate, through a leadership role, in estimating and obtaining new work.
- Support and participate in Crowder YOUniversity and all provided training opportunities and programs.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- 4 year engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of extensive experience/knowledge of industriall construction, design, finance and management required
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, and standards
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Primavera, Microsoft Office and financial software
- Must have a valid, non-restrictive driver’s license
At the heart of Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.