Recruiter Job Summary
This is a high volume and high activity recruiting position, that is responsible for the recruitment of craft employees to staff heavy industrial construction projects at various locations throughout the northwest region. Maintain a current and active database of past and potential craft employees organized by trade and geography.
Recruiter Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Staffing and Equipment
- Actively recruit potential trade employees using Craigslist, trade magazines, trade web-sites and other means to locate potential employees.
- Screen trade applicants by phone and in person to identify best possible matches with current or future staffing needs.
- Hire trade employees on a project specific basis within the project guidelines established by the HR Director, Vice President of Operations and Project Manager.
- Creates and publishes job descriptions and maintains applications/resumes within the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Coordinates all external recruitment efforts (expos, fairs, etc.).
- Assist in the selection and development of teaching aids such as training. handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and online training, reference material and continuing education.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Communicate regularly with operations staff to identify future staffing needs, determine the adequacy of new employees, and to obtain feedback and performance ratings on trade employees.
- Follow company recruiting processes
- Be knowledgeable of Phoenix’s New Hire Process, Health and Safety, programs, project specific regulations and communicate with new employees.
- Set a personal example of safe behavior.
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods of construction practices and project execution.
- Training and practical knowledge of construction trades.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have excellent communication skills and related team-building skills required to instruct field employees and to communicate effectively with employment candidates.
- Must work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction and adheres to feedback from Phoenix management.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance in accordance with project and company work hours.
Recruiter Education and Experience
- 1-2 years Recruiting Experience.
- Bachelors in Business Development, Human Resource Management, Personnel and Human Resource Management, or equivalent degree.
- Experience with skilled trades within the construction industry is a plus.
Language and Computer Skills
- Ability to effectively write and communicate through email. Ability to draft simple written letters for project correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate and screen employment candidates.
- Intermediate to advanced skillset with computers and computer software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Texting Applications, Google Drive, etc.
- Familiarity with an HRIS and LMS (e.g., Paylocity, Convergence) is a plus
- Ability to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk or hear.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds unassisted.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work may occur in the corporate office or in a temporary project office at a project site.
- The Recruiter position may occasionally travel for short periods of time, overnight as needed.
- Work hours may be in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Position can be on call for off-hour response.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Life Insurance
- 401k and ESPP
- Discount Purchase Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Much more!
If you are qualified and have a passion for impacting lives and providing opportunities to skilled craft professionals, please apply on the company website at PHXIND.com