About Us: We are a veteran owned mechanical contractor, supplies welding, machining, heat treating and NDE services to the power and process industries. We specialize in delivering piping and boiler services through planned outages, emergent work, and/or staff augmentation.
Summary: We are looking for a motivated individual that has extensive experience in Commercial/Naval structural welding.
- Must have four (4) or more years of documented experience in commercial/naval ship fitting.
- Multi-Pass, all position fillet and butt welds using the following processes: SMAW, GMAW, FCAW and GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding) – additional information listed below.
- Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating torch.
- Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
- Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications in quality manner.
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to shipbuilding industry.
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging
- Ability to use Work Packages and Drawings to plan and execute required work
- Ability to properly use fillet and butt weld gauges.
- Adhere to all site and company rules, regulations, PPE requirements, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to pass all Computer based training.
- Ability to obtain a respirator medical clearance.
- Experience and knowledge of general hand tools and various grinders
- Ability to work under direct and indirect supervision and follow directions
- Ability to pass background screens and drug/alcohol testing as required by our customers.
- Must have reliable transportation, be able to travel extensively, and work variable hours.
- Must have HS Diploma or GED
- TWIC card a plus. Navel experience preferred, but not required
- Must be a US Citizen to apply
All Welders will be required to pass a Multi-Pass qualification test upon reporting for the first day of work. The Tests will be as follows:
- All positions (2G, 3G, and 4G) SMAW process
- All positions (2G, 3G, and 4G) FCAW (Flux Core) process
- All positions (2G, 3G, and 4G) GMAW process
- All positions (2G, 3G and 4G) GMAW-P (Pulse Arc) process
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging proficiency test.
- Ability to work 10+ hours per day, up to 7 days/week
- Ability to work in both hot and cold conditions, with possible exposure to radiation or chemicals
- Ability to perform field work in all areas of the job site, including ability to climb ladders, stairs, and scaffolds at various heights
- Ability to bend, kneel, crawl, or stoop around equipment safely
- Ability to work in confined spaces, if needed
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds and lift up to 20 pounds overhead