Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
The Company’s first line of supervision; responsible for direct hands-on work of a crew to produce units of construction which are assigned on a project by a superintendent or project manager. Ensure crew operates within Crowder’s safety standards at all times. Plan and assign work; track and account for labor hours and productivity; supervise activities of a construction crew of typically 2 or more workers.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring work is completed safely
- SAFETY FIRST!!! Ensure work is completed safely.
- Plan and perform all work under all OSHA Standards.
- Examine and inspect work progress, equipment and construction sites to verify safety and ensure that specifications are met.
- Attend weekly project safety meetings.
- Teach subordinates OSHA safety requirements in a proactive manner.
- Immediately address any safety issue observed or brought to your attention by anyone.
- Responsible for the safety of the crew.
- Complete required safety documentation (i.e. PTPs).
- Planning, scheduling and coordinating the work
- Read construction drawings and blueprints.
- Take measurements off blueprints; figure and shoot grade/elevations for construction requirements.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods and equipment performance to increase efficiency and safety.
- Assist Superintendent in the planning and scheduling the work of the crew. May plan and schedule materials and equipment independently.
- Advise Superintendent of the needs for people, materials, and equipment in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Organize crew, materials, and equipment to achieve highest productivity and quality and lowest cost in line with the budget.
- Record and report equipment and material use; work production and employee work hours on specified forms.
- Continuously check the work of crew and adjust the work or plan and schedule as required.
- Keep Superintendent advised of status of work and recommend necessary adjustments.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and materials well in advance of the need.
- Supervision, Leadership, and Mentoring of the crew
- Spend 100% of time directly working with and supervising the crew.
- Assist workers engaged in, and communicate policies on the use of, hand tools and equipment.
- Direct assignments of crew with close supervision of their activities.
- Show understanding of, and commitment to, Crowder’s EEO and affirmative action policies in all phases of employment.
- Suggest and initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, and hires.
- Handle employee concerns and complaints, conflicts, and performance issues.
- Train crew on new procedures and/or techniques and operation of equipment.
- Maintain the following qualities: Planning and Scheduling Ahead, Technically Proficient, Focus on Crew Safety, Confidence, Enthusiasm and Pride in Work, Positive “Can Do” Attitude, Clear Communicator, Mutual Respect with Crew, Look for Better Ways to Do Things, Willing to Teach, Willingness to Work.
- Must always work self and crew 100% safely leading by example.
- Must always maintain an efficient and clean work area.
- Must be able to take direction and lead the crew effectively.
- Quality and Production
- Completely responsible for the quality of the work of your crew.
- Monitor the progress of your work against the planned production goals.
- Immediately address any quality or production issues.
- Responsible for all work completed by crew. Work must be done correctly the first time.
- Must turn out a quality product at minimal cost with no rework.
- Complete all necessary documentation and paperwork as required daily and properly including but not limited to: Time sheets, Plan Your Day sheets, Measure Your Day sheets, Pre-Task Planning Sheets, change/time off, work order, etc.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
- Able to demonstrate thorough knowledge and skill of installing below ground pipe and testing equipment while applying hands-on supervision with effective leadership.
- High school and/or trade school diploma preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet Crowder's standards for drivers.
- Must be a good communicator, motivator, and team player.
- Should understand all tools and equipment for below ground pipe installation.
- Able to read plans and do general layout. Should be familiar with installing different types of mechanical pipe and installations and be able to shoot grade elevations.
- Maintain a general understanding of other foreman specialties such as electrical, carpentry, labor, and concrete as related to below ground pipe and equipment installation.
- Maintain understanding of rigging, hoisting, and moving material to required locations.
At the heart of Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.
Click the Apply button above to be considered for the opening.