Our client is currently looking for a contract HSE Support individual.
This position is located in St. Johns, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
The Safety Specialist – Canada – Petroleum Exploration will be responsible for supporting HSE processes and policies for the Client’s entry and presence in Canada (Newfoundland and Labrador) for exploration and appraisal. This role requires the ability to navigate and interpret local and national regulatory requirements as pertains to HSE responsibilities, develop relationships with key government agencies, and develop key internal relationships various internal teams to include Exploration and Appraisal, Well and Seismic Delivery, HSE, Supply, and Corporate Affairs.
- Support, improve and maintain the HSE Management System as applicable to the Clients Canada Exploration Project including development of project specific needs to meet Client Requirements Environment and Petroleum Environmental Standards and Policies.
- Prepare and provide safety training for the project as necessary.
- Engage with functional HSE team in support of the Petroleum assurance audit process
- Provide technical guidance in support of the Clients’ Exploration Project Team regarding a variety of issues including local regulatory requirements, HSE improvements, HSE Management Systems, audits and HSE leadership skills
- Provide HSE support to the Source Control Team and the Incident Management Team (IMT)
- Support line management in their accountability for HSE risk assessments, event investigation, field leadership and compliance to relevant HSE requirements
- Promote a risk-based approach to HSE management through identification, assessment and control of significant HSE risks
- Support the implementation and achievement of campaign HSE objectives and performance measures
- Network with internal and external peers to identify and leverage leading practices and Lessons Learned
- Engage line leaders to identify priority HSE improvements and create alignment around the associated Petroleum and Project HSE Management Systems/Processes
- Represent the Clients’ on technical committees of national industry associations (e.g. CAPP REA and CAPP Environmental work teams).
- Development of HSE assessments with support from the project HSER team.
- Support the development, maintenance, verification and reporting of The Clients’ Exploration Project specific HSE plans/processes including:
- Safety Plans
- Contractor Safety Engagement Plans
- Operations Management Plan
- Compliance Assessment to current OSH, Installation, COF regulations
- Compliance Assessment to New Regulations Framework and OSH
- Rig Intake Support
- ISO 45001 Mapping
- Development of Safety Reports
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Provide oversight to ensure all site activities have effective work safety arrangements.
- Participate in and facilitate HSE audits, reviews & assessments
About the Candidate
- Bachelors or greater degree in HSE related field preferred
- The candidate will have local knowledge/experience supporting HSE aspects off offshore drilling exploration campaigns
- 10+ years experience supporting HSE Management Systems
- Prior operator experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both within a team setting and at times be self-directed
- Experience working with Canadian regulatory agencies suck as the Canada-Newfoundland & Labrador Offshore Petroleum Board (C-NLOPB), Transport Canada, Health Canada
- Experience working with industry and local stake holders such as Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP), Fisheries groups, Indigenous peoples, NOIA