Responsible for laying out, fabricating, assembling, installing and maintaining piping and piping systems, fixtures and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and industrial processing systems
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promote and comply with all Company and safety policies and procedures
- Select type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications
- Inspect worksite to determine presence of obstructions and to determine that holes will not cause structural weakness
- Plan sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers
- Cut pipe using hacksaw, pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine
- Thread pipe using threading machine
- Bend pipe by hand or with pipe-bending machine
- Assemble and install a variety of metal and nonmetal pipe and pipe fittings, including: brass, copper, lead, glass and plastic
- Join pipe by meansof threaded, caulked, wiped, soldered, brazed, fused or cemented joints
- Use hand tools to secure pipe to structure with clamps, brackets and hangers
- Install and maintain refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, including: compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and piping
- Test piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks
- Weld holding fixtures to structural steel members
- May be required to travel to different jobsites on limited notice
- Other duties as assigned by Foreman or Superintendent
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- One to three years related experience and/or training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected by the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working toward Wanzek’s Zero Injury principles
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints and procedure manuals
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Compute rate, ratio and percent
- Rate information using standards that can be measured or checked work within precise limits or standards of accuracy, look at flat drawings, pictures and blueprints and visualize how they would look as solid objects with height, width and depth, visualize objects in three-dimensions from plans and drawings, see detail in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes or shadings
Wanzek construction offers an extensive and competitive benefit package that includes, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401 (k), and paid time off. Salary depends upon experience: $30 per hour.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Licenses & Certifications
To qualify for per diem:
100 miles from the jobsite for per diem and travel in.
Travel is .41 / mile
Travel out if they get their ROF or transfer.