Casey Industrial provides multi-craft process installations across the continental USA in the Power Generation, Industrial, and Biofuels markets. We are well-known for providing cost-effective, complete, and timely installations constructed in a collaborative relationship with clients who value our unwavering focus on safe work and quality work practices. Casey Industrial, founded in 1947, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MasTec, Inc., a publicly-traded, minority-controlled corporation. With its global infrastructure, MasTec, Inc. serves a variety of markets, including Power Generation, Oil & Gas, Transmission and Distribution, Renewable Energy, and Telecommunications. At Casey Industrial, we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best talent. No matter your role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our success as we deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Responsible for assisting the Controller and CFO in performing the day to day accounting functions of MasTec Industrial, including preparation of documentation, reconciliations and account-level analysis. Overall, assists the Finance Team in maintaining accounting principles, practices, procedures and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze, troubleshoot and reconcile various general ledger accounts.
- Prepare journal entries and corrective entries as needed.
- Prepare month-end work papers.
- Understand SOX guidelines to ensure accurate controls are in place to meet compliance guidelines.
- Review Accounts Payable batches and checks for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly corporate deliverables including, but not limited to account balances, leases, fixed assets, certain ratios and other information.
- Reconcile cash transactions on a daily and monthly basis.
- Maintain fixed asset records and prepare monthly internal reports.
- Work with various departments to reconcile fixed assets as necessary.
- Research State sales and use, gross receipts and other tax regulations.
- Review all monthly/quarterly/annual sales and use tax returns and direct correcting entries as needed.
- Review year-end data to ensure accurate 1099 preparation.
- Obtain and organize information for internal and external audits.
- Assists various departments in all accounting related functions.
- Plan and execute special financial or operational projects as needed.
- Various other accounting duties as assigned by management .Assist HR, PMs, or Administrative Staff with various information and inquiries.
- Review vendor setups.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university.
- Five years plus in related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Audit experience a plus.
- Experience with Viewpoint,
- Spectrum or other construction software preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working toward Casey’s Safety principles. Strong computer skills, specifically Viewpoint and Excel.
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and a high level of accuracy and professionalism.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines and prioritize workload in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interact with multiple personalities at all levels within the organization.
- Assist supervisors with preparation of reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Two to five years related experience and/or training or equivalent.
- Audit experience a plus. Experience with Viewpoint, Vista, Spectrum or other construction software a plus.
- Supervisory Requirements- may lead or have direct reports.
Corporate office environment principally-periodic requirements to visit jobsites where the work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions. Infrequent travel should be expected.
Jobsite work environment may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises.
This position is standard Full-Time position, with a general business operating schedule, Monday-Friday.
Travel up to 5%
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Supplemental benefits, 401K, employee stock purchase plan ( ESPP), PTO.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Licenses & Certifications
To qualify for per diem:
100 miles from the jobsite for per diem and travel in.
Travel is .41 / mile
Travel out if they get their ROF or transfer.