Heavy Civil Equipment Operator
Must be able to Operate varouis types of Heavy Equipment such as: Excavcators, Dozers, Loaders, etc. For all applicants that don't meet all requirments listed below. Pay is depending on experience. $30-$37/hr.
The Heavy Civil Equipment Operator is responsible for safely and efficiently maintaining and operating hydraulic excavators, dozers, loaders, and compaction equipment from large too small.
Bowen is a merit shop contractor, supporting a team-working environment. All employees will be required from time to time to perform other duties outside of their job description and normal work functions.
The standard work environment will be in a facility that is subjected to outdoor weather conditions and must utilize proper personal protective equipment (PPE) in preparation for a variety of potential hazards.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibility is to operate excavators, dozers, loaders, and compaction equipment.
- Willing to take on other job-related responsibilities as requested by supervision and as limited by your individual qualifications.
- May also operate other construction equipment, if qualified.
- Turns valves, shifts levers, turns hand wheels, and depresses pedals to drive machines and control equipment and attachments.
- Perform maintenance duties such as cleaning, greasing, and oiling machines and equipment.
- Must know the manufacturer’s specifications and limitations applicable to the operation of all heavy equipment, such as load capacities, operating speeds, special hazard warnings, and instructions.
- Troubleshooting equipment in order to maintain the equipment in an operable and reliable state.
- Must know standard hand signals and should also be knowledgeable of pertinent OSHA-regulations.
- Working within all Bowen and client guidelines.
- Completion of JSA’s.
- Must be able to recognize hazards in excavations, rigging, and loading/unloading of material.
- Fully participate in health, safety, quality, and environmental processes.
- Is an ambassador of Bowen to the client, other contractors, and to the public.
- Leadership and Training
- Must be willing to work well as part of a team.
- Must be willing to provide guidance and on the job training experience to the other crafts.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Complete appropriate Bowen skills assessment test(s).
- Must have appropriate Operators Certification Card(s) to meet all state, local, and plant requirements.
- Must be able to meet D.O.T. requirements, if required.
- Sound knowledge of equipment operating hazards, work conditions, limitations.
- Must have valid driver’s license or other government issued identification.
- Must comply with Bowen’s drug and alcohol policy.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairways.
- Must be able to carry 50 lbs. of tools and/or materials.
- Must be able to work extended hours on your feet on uneven surfaces. (Dirt, concrete, asphalt, mud, gravel, etc.)
- Must be able to pass applicable site-specific training.
- Must undertake the appropriate safety/environmental training commensurate with the position and location.
- Must be able to accurately complete equipment pre-shift inspections, recognize issues, report to supervision.
- Must be able to read and understand safety instructions, signs, labels and permits in English.
- Must have 2-5 years of experience working with large capacity excavators and heavy equipment comparable to the ones you will be running.
- Must be willing to attend continued training required by Bowen when deemed necessary.
- High School Education
- GPS controlled equipment experience
- Heavy Highway equipment operation experience