Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
Primary function of an Electrical Journeyman: Interpret electrical drawings, including site plans, floor plans, and detail drawings. To work safely and follow safety procedures.
Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
- Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit, using such tools as saws, pipe threading machine, and conduit bender.
- Pull wiring through conduit assisted by a helper or craft.
- Connect wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment, using hand tools.
- Install control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Connect power cables to equipment such as electric motors, and installs grounding leads.
- Test continuity of circuitry of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments, such as ohmmeter, battery, and buzzer, and oscilloscope.
- Observe functioning of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Troubleshoot or repair faulty equipment or systems.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Rate information using personal judgment or standards that can be measured or checked
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often
- Use reason and logic
- Perform arithmetical operations rapidly and accurately
- See detail in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes or shadings
- Picture flat drawings as 3-dimensional objects
At the heart of Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.
Click the Apply button above to be considered for the opening.