- Cleans, assembles, tests, and builds product according to required customer specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assembles parts within the specified print tolerances.
- Performs accurate and timely inspections required by the print/job sheet and/or workgroup leaders, the quality assurance manager, or a manufacturing manager.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment, using appropriate measuring instruments.
- Identifies and separates all nonconforming parts (including nonconforming dimensions).
- Keeps parts to be assembled clean and free of burrs, chips, and dirt.
- Positions and aligns components for assembly, manually or using hoists. ?Tests (or repairs) cylinders.
- Washes tubes.
- Builds rods.
- Fits and assembles parts into assemblies or mechanisms.
- Enters required data into computer.
- Keeps machines and tools clean, properly lubricated and in good operating condition.
- May rework, repair, and replace damaged parts or assemblies. ?Practices good work habits including being productive and efficient, staying busy by seeing work, being dependable, clean, and organized in work area, etc.
- Is a productive member of his/her department, is responsible in matters of confidentiality and adheres to all Ameri-Force policies, including safety requirements/procedures, to ensure a safe working environment for all Ameri-Force employees; and,
- Habits of good attendance and punctuality are an essential responsibility of all Ameri-Force job positions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED, preferred.
- Three to six months of relative experience and/or training, preferred.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to basic work processes. Capable of carrying out detailed, but simply stated, written or oral instructions. Can deal with problems involving a few concrete and routine job specific variables.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of shop math: practical application of fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion, practical algebra, and geometric construction.
- Computes ratio, rate, and percent. 1This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel assigned to this position.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to take measurements and verify conformance to the print.
- Mechanical aptitude, including a basic understanding of the various types of tools used in the machining process.
- Measures components and assemblies to verify conformance to the print (tape measure, scale, caliper).
- Identifies and organizes task in a manner which results in consistent department efficiency.
- Communicates (speaks, understands and writes using acceptable format and sentence and paragraph structure) in English.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate orally in a clear and positive manner; and,
- Demonstrates ability to generate and maintain accurate and concise written records.
- Manages time effectively.
- On-site training specific to job responsibilities
- Continuing education as made available and/or required by Ameri-Force.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend, and/or twist. The duties of this job require lifting and/or moving of up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, to see details at a close range, with the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an environment with high voltage equipment. The employee is exposed to hazardous equipment, as well as sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable. The duties of this job require working indoors in an uncontrolled climate.
- Become familiar with work area and general plant layout and processes.
- Employee is responsible to department supervisor/workgroup leader and assigned set-up person.
- Employee may be mentored by an experienced employee, as assigned by his/her department supervisor.
- Employee is expected to help in other production areas when assigned to do so by the workgroup leader.
- Employee is expected to work full shifts with the possibility of some extra daily and/or Friday night or Saturday dayshift hours, as appropriate to regular shift assignment.
- Commitment to high standards of workmanship, the production of quality products and continuous quality improvement is an expectation of all Ameri-Force position