Hiring starts approximately
This job is hiring at a future date. Apply now to get your name on the hiring list.
Grow your career in a new state-of-the-art paper mill! Green Bay Packaging Inc., Green Bay Paper Mill Division is seeking additional Electrical & Instrumentation Technicians to provide support for electrical, instrumentation, and control applications for all paper mill operations. Technicians in this position will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the organization's PLC, DCS, Drives, Power Distribution, motors, and I/O field devices.
• Provide hands-on technical support to all manufacturing operations for instrumentation and electrical control applications, including paper machine, secondary fiber, automated warehouse, effluent treatment, and boiler room
• Support process control systems and associated field devices
• Support PLCs, HMI, Drives, and other control systems
• Support 13.8 kV Power Distribution, Substations, MVSs, MCCs, 4160V and 480V motors
• Support operations and troubleshooting of issues
• Support capital projects installations of instrumentation and control devices
• Manage changes to our systems by keeping programs backed-up and updating documentation, schematics, and drawings
• Successfully support daily activities, periodic shutdowns for fabric changes/maintenance, long-term planning and capital projects related to the process controls and E&I department
• Support Reliability programs such as Thermography, Ultrasound, Motor and Power Analysis
• 12-hour rotating 4-On 4-Off shift work may be required. Positions filled by shop seniority.
• Technical degree or Journeyman certificate in industrial E&I type field with relevant experience
• Paper mill or other industrial manufacturing experience preferred
• Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels
• Strong team player who can effectively work with others to meet objectives and timelines
• Strong troubleshooting skills and knowledge of various electrical sensors, switches, controllers, instrumentation, transmitters, automated valves, calibrations, industrial communications, robotics, motion control and AC/DC control power
• Programming experience including the ability to create, monitor, modify PLC and DCS control logic
• Ability to work in a manufacturing environment, including periods of time in noisy, dusty, hot or cold environments
• Ability to work with plant personnel, engineering groups, and outside contractors to ensure the proper execution of work
• Prioritization of time and work
• Use of self-initiative and independence to complete tasks with urgency and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive wage, rates of $33.19 to $40.50 per hour. Benefit package includes medical, dental, life, STD/LTD, pension, and 401(k), and access to our Employee Health and Wellness clinic. All employees and their dependents have access to our two health and wellness clinics providing free services for acute and preventative care.
NEW FEATURE: Build interest in your upcoming jobs by listing a future hire date.
Hiring on future date?