Position Summary: Works with Blattner’s project managers and field personnel on assigned projects to support all Project facing agreements including subcontracts, purchase contracts, and other vendor agreements. Ensures that Projects are following Blattner legal best practices.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare subcontract agreements, purchase agreements, and other vendor agreements for assigned projects and work with project managers and field personnel to negotiate and finalize agreements. Act as the primary point of contact between Blattner and vendors on legal issues.
- Monitor insurance compliance (initial and renewals) for all subcontract agreements. Communicate with project manager and field personnel on assigned projects when Blattner’s legal best practices are not being followed.
- Facilitate change orders for subcontract agreements, purchase agreements, and other vendor agreements for assigned projects as required. Work with project manager, field personnel, purchasers, and accounting personnel to ensure alignment on change order documentation.
- Provide legal training for all new salaried field personnel during new hire orientation and project kickoff meetings. Provide project specific legal training to project managers and field personnel on assigned project sites as needed.
- Participate in project kick-off meetings for assigned projects to share departmental knowledge and feedback to help the project team to be successful.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality with privileged information within Blattner and within the legal department while supporting collaborative interactions with all departments.
Other Job Functions
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Provide support within the legal department as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Proficiency with computer software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Capable of working independently and manage multiple priorities as well as work with a team at all levels within the company.
- Pleasantly assertive when required