Responsible for supervising and coordinating the daily activities for crew workers to build rotors, erect base and mid-sections, erect full turbines and offload turbine components while meeting production schedule timelines.
- Ability to interpret specifications and read blueprints
- Assist in lay out of work for crew
- Preplan daily activities and ensure crew productivity to meet job schedule
- Monitor quality control of work in place by craft workers
- Order and coordinate delivery of necessary materials
- Comply with all documentation requirements and fill out all project related reports, such as:
- Daily Reports, Safety Reports, ESRs, Inspection Reports, etc.
- Coordinate equipment needs, ensure operators are qualified and ensure that all equipment is maintained, and repairs are done in a timely manner
- Support jobsite Superintendent to coordinate activities of individual projects
- May perform related trade work as required
- Required to travel to different jobsites on a limited notice
- Implement better methods of production in all aspects of job to strengthen best practices within Wanzek Construction, Inc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Monitor crew installation for quality issues
- Monitor work areas to ensure quality work is being completed
- Look for ways to improve safety, quality and productivity
- Promote and comply with all Company and safety policies and procedures
- Train and instruct crew members in safe work practices for assigned tasks
- Audit safe work practices, ensuring PPE is available and used properly
- Assist Human Resources and Superintendent by interviewing, hiring, training, appraising work performance and addressing complaints of employees in the field
- Directly supervise and coordinate daily activities of craft workers
- Complete ESRs for all employees with a change in job status (transfer, laid off, terminated)
- Conduct regular performance reviews of crewmen
- Manage up to six or more employees and Lead men
- Conduct regular performance reviews
- Train and mentor new workers
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Five years’ experience/knowledge in a specific construction trade
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected by the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working toward Wanzek’s Zero Injury principles
- Proficient in one or more craft areas
- Capable of supervising a project of six or more craft workers
- Read blueprints skillfully
- Ability to motivate workers, lead by example and communicate effectively
- Ability to compute basics numbers, read scales and use simple fractions
- Computer experience in Microsoft Office and E-mail Communication preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure and within timelines
Wanzek construction offers an extensive and competitive benefit package that includes, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401 (k), and paid time off. Salary depends upon experience: $33 per hour.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.