At Hog Technologies, our team members take pride in being passionate problem-solvers who embody our core values daily. We are dedicated to upholding the "anything, anytime, anywhere" philosophy. Joining Hog Technologies offers a career path that involves learning from industry-leading experts, engaging with impactful technologies, and fostering a drive for innovation. By becoming a part of our team of expert innovators and problem-solvers, you will contribute to delivering world-class solutions for our esteemed customers. Embrace the opportunity to be a part of something greater with Hog Technologies.
As the Welder, you will be responsible for the use of hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products. The chosen candidate will be expected to work either of two shifts (7:00AM to 4:00PM or 3:30PM to Midnight). This position is for the 2nd shift.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
• Independently operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
• Independently layout, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
• Examine workpieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
• Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
• Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, and other alloys.
• Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
• Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
• Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
• Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained.
• Follow instruction from Production Coordinator to ensure priorities are aligned with the production plans.
• Confer and take direction from Engineering and Design Team Members and provide feedback on results.
• Move parts, components, and finished goods manually or with work aids including hand jacks, hoists or forklift trucks (once certified.)
• Verifies and completes job routing by signing router sheet, submitting orders to be closed and parts to be posted to inventory.
• Assures that tools and equipment are stored and maintained in a safe manner for proper usage, informs the supervisor of any that need modification, repair or replacement in a timely manner.
• Uses a wide range of small hand tools such as hammer, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, sockets, Allen wrenches, etc.
• Other duties as needed to meet Production requirements.
Qualifications / Experience:
• Minimum of a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
• 3-5 years in an advanced Fabricator/Assembler position and prior work experience in sheet metal fabrication and/or training in welding are preferred.
• Must be proficient in sheet metal blueprint reading, basic shop math, and use of precision measuring equipment.
• Frequent and continuous light to moderate lifting, repetitive handling and maneuvering of awkward metal pieces is required. Walking, reaching, bending, and a good eye, hand, foot coordination is all necessary.
• Exposed to possible hazards, multiple pinch points and general safety issues associated with sheet metal fabrication. Works in a hot, cold, dusty, and noisy area.
• Must be an energetic self-starter and have an intense sense of urgency; and capable of following tasks through to completion.
Other Important Information:
Supervisory Responsibility - This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment - This job operates in a shop environment where exposure to heat is frequent.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday and could be subject working any one of two shifts (7:00 am to 4:00 pm or 3:30 pm to 12:00 midnight). Occasional weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel - This position does not have traveling requirements.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications - Must pass a background check and drug test.
Pay Rate Range: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour (based on experience)
Hog is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or other protected status.