A-Lert Construction Services, a division of Centurion Industries, Inc., provides heavy industrial construction, maintenance, fabrication and repair services throughout the U.S. in such diverse processing industries as corn and oilseeds, food, meat, chemical, energy cogeneration and biofuels, wood pulp/paper/fiber products, and more. With over 800 employees and eight offices in six states, A-Lert stands ready to serve the needs of industrial clients throughout the U.S.
At A-Lert, we believe our employees are our greatest business asset, and we work hard to help them develop to be their best, to recognize them for their talents, and to provide opportunities to advance their construction career.
Travel is required for this position. A millwright will install, dismantle, or move machinery and heavy equipment, fabricate and assemble structural steel and sheet metal products, according to layout plans, blueprints and other drawings in industrial establishment, using hoists, lift trucks, hand and power tools.
Primary Job Duties
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Dismantle machines, structures and equipment using appropriate tools.
- Move machinery and equipment using appropriate tools.
- Assemble and install machinery and equipment using appropriate tools.
- Construct foundation for machines using appropriate tools and building materials.
- Align machines and equipment using appropriate tools.
- Assemble machines and equipment and bolt, weld, rivet, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures using appropriate methods, materials and tools.
- May repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
- Read and interpret safety information, signage and instructions.
- Workers should be able to work within precise standards of accuracy; rate information using standards which can be measured or checked; compare and see differences in size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects; look at flat drawings or pictures and understand who they would look as solid objects; and follow oral and written directions, plans and blueprints.
- Physically, workers must be able to: See well (either naturally or with correction); coordinate the movement of eyes, hands and fingers.
- Use hands, arms and fully – climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolding; stoop, kneel crouch, crawl or work at heights as required and lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to travel.
- Successfully pass Pre-Employment Drug Screen, Criminal Background, Physical Exam, Customer Security Check, E-Verify, Motor Vehicle Record (if applicable), other assessments (if applicable)
- Attendance – Must be available when scheduled for work
- Must be able to use time effectively and productively
- Must perform quality, accurate, complete, well-organized, concise, analytical and well-articulated work
- Must be able to communicate, understand and follow directions