Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
We are currently looking for a Laborers, Equipment Operators, and Drilling Assistants for our Landfill Gas Division. You will have the ability to see, travel, and work outdoors year-round.
• Understand environmental, health & safety regulations, and perform work in compliant manner.
• Walk long distances, up and down steeply sloped (1:1, 2:1, and 3:1) landfills, and outdoor terrain.
• Ability to do heavy, manual work.
• Must be able to work in trenched areas to connect, refit and adjust liner on landfills and project sites.
• Lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a non-consistent basis.
• Work in extreme (hot and cold) weather conditions safely including on very odorous project sites.
• Clean up work areas, clean and fuel vehicles, and equipment as necessary.
• Operate general site vehicles and equipment, such as pickup trucks, and smaller equipment.
• Equipment Operators will be required to operate heavy construction equipment (excavators, dozers, road trucks, etc.), survey equipment, pipe fusion equipment & techniques, compacting and materials handling equipment.
• Available to work overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays if necessary.
• Ability to communicate with clients and peers in a professional manner.
• Assist site supervisors with the materials and equipment needs and helping to collect supplies for projects.
• Understand operation and maintenance of landfill gas and landfill fluids collection systems.
• Perform maintenance on system components to ensure or restore proper operation and compliance.
• High School Diploma and GED preferred.
• Valid drivers license or Class A CDL.
• Ability to travel for up to 3-6 weeks at a time, and potentially stay in hotels rooming with a coworker. Paid hotels. $75/day per diem.
• At least 1 year experience in construction, mining, and farming industries.
• Ability to work in the presence of heavy construction equipment (excavators, dozers, road trucks, etc.), survey equipment, pipe fusion equipment & techniques, compacting and materials handling equipment.
• Working in or around trenches, heavy equipment and pipe fusion equipment.
• Ability to frequently lift or carry containers, poly pipe, shovel garbage and loose material, work in and around leachate, or loose materials to truck, which may result in twisting, pulling, pushing and bending, depending on the material and collection vehicle type.
• Ability to climb, bend, or stand for an extended period of time.
• Experience on landfill or refuse collection a plus.
• Equipment Operator must have a good working knowledge of heavy construction equipment (excavators, dozers, road trucks, etc), survey equipment, pipe fusion equipment & techniques, compacting and materials handling equipment.
• A team player with the ability and willingness to pitch in as needed in areas outside core responsibilities and expertise.
• Candidate may be located in any project site in lower 48 States in which we conduct business -typically within 500 miles of our project sites and ability to travel for up to 7 months a time and stay in hotels rooming with a coworker.
• Preferably proficient in the use of smart phones, computers, and Microsoft Office Suite to assist or lead the submittal of various project reporting.
Due to the nature of the position being offered, this offer is contingent upon successful completion of the following:
• A background investigation if required. Please note that this investigation requires your consent and cooperation.
• You will be required to drive on a regular basis for Company business you must maintain a safe driving record as defined by Tetra Tech's Vehicle Safety program. This offer of employment is contingent upon successful evaluation of a motor vehicle (MVR) check.
• This offer is also contingent on valid proof of completed OSHA 10 Hour Construction certificate as defined by Tetra Tech.
A pre-employment drug screen in compliance with state regulations is required, along with a physical if needed.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, federal, international authorities, and clients.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor, and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.