Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
Primary function of a Crane Operator:
Operate crane to set customer’s items. Telescopic Boom Crane Fixed (TSS) and Swing Cab (TLL) and Lattice Boom Crane (LBC) CCO Certifications required.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of and ability to select cables, wire ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks, chains, and grappling devices according to weight and size of load to be lifted.
- Attach load with grappling devices such as loops, wires, ropes, and chains, to crane hook.
- Receive directions to engage in hoisting and moving loads to insure safety of workers and material handled, using hand signals, loud speakers, two-way radios, or telephone.
- Read and interpret lifting capacity charts.
- May direct workers engaged in hoisting of machinery and equipment into or on to trucks, railroad cars or other moving devices.
- Must be safety minded and adhere to all safety policies in addition to passing a test in reference to safe operation in a trench.
- Maintain a log book.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must hold a valid TSS, TLL, and LBC CCO Certifications.
- At least 5 years experience as a crane operator.
- Maintain current DOT physical.
- Maintain working knowledge of load charts, hand signals, and state and federal DOT laws.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize daily work assignments and communicate with all levels of employees.
- Ability to coordinate the movements of hand and feet according to visual signals and directions.
- Have a complete knowledge of crane and rigging signals.
- Know the emergency response procedures for mobile crane operations.
At the heart of Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.
Click the Apply button above to be considered for the opening.