General Summary: Coordinate safety activities throughout active jobs at Ziegler Industries
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Assist Safety Director in Supervising and/or coordinate safety programs and specific job site training as they pertain to Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) standards and/or other applicable local, state and federal requirements, company expectations and specific job site expectations or requirements.
Design and conduct comprehensive safety audits and provide follow-up to ensure corrective action is identified and timely implemented.
Inspect or tour facilities to detect existing or potential hazards; recommend corrective and/or preventative measures where appropriate.
Participate in or supervise the investigation of accidents and injuries; reviews data for trends and recommend corrective action or preventative measures where indicated.
Assist in maintaining all job site records as they pertain to weekly and or other required training and or corrective actions as needed.
Act as competent person for numerous field capacities, including Scaffolding Erection, Insulation, Coatings and other specialty services when deemed necessary.
Report activities and site findings to management utilizing Microsoft word, excel, and PowerPoint applications.
Participate in Client run Audits when assigned.
Present and review monthly safety performance statistics to senior management.
- Flexibility and ability to travel as needed.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization and with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to complete work in acceptable time frame, manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Ability to develop employees through motivation and training.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple task, details, and interruptions.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of tact, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Ability to operate a phone, computer, calculator, fax machine, copier and other office equipment.
- Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet.
- Ability to adhere to other organizational policies and procedures.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Performs a significant amount of work in all spaces within all facilities; will need to work outside in all types of weather or in all kinds of work environments. Will need ability to travel as needed to, dependent on work load and geographical locations of work to be performed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
3-5 years’ experience occupational health and safety, and or facilities is preferred.
Ziegler Industries Inc. is a specialty industrial service contractor, providing services in Industrial Coatings, Scaffold Erection and Industrial Insulation installation. We provide safe, time sensitive solutions to keep our customers running. People are Ziegler Industries biggest asset, we are committed to provide our employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. The success of Ziegler Industries, Inc. is built by committed & efficient employees who believe in our company, who gain satisfaction from their work, and who strive toward extraordinary achievement. We believe that people work best together in an environment where they are recognized for their efforts and respected as individuals. With over 50 years of experience in construction contracting, Ziegler Industries is on a mission to become the best specialty service employer in the country. We take care of our people so they can take care of our customers. If you are ready to make a difference and be a part of a growing and progressive company, we want you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Depends on Experience