Industrial Construction Foreman
Job Summary: We are seeking experienced, dedicated professionals to join our team. This is an hourly, non-exempt position. In this position, you must understand and promote Safety as your top priority. Positions in this classification are distinguished from lower rated technicians by virtue of their level of technical knowledge, training, and/or experience in the carpentry trade, and their ability to perform effectively in a lead role to coordinate and oversee the work of other technicians.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote safety as the company’s number one priority.
- Supervise a crew of journeyman-level carpenters involved in detailed aspects of the carpentry trade. Reviews project plans and blueprints, estimates time, materials, equipment, and supplies needed; develops work schedules and crew assignments; inspects work areas to ensure job is being completed as agreed; evaluates staff performance; complete time sheets, accident reports, and work orders; train staff in related work assignments,request supplies and equipment; ensure work areas are properly maintained.
- Perform rough and finish carpentry including building additions, remodels, and new construction. Metal stud framing, drywall, finish carpentry, appliances, painting, acoustical ceilings, flooring and wall coverings, ceiling framing and finishes, interior and exterior doors, windows, and general interior carpentry.
- Be willing and able to work a variety of schedules on-call, including dayshift, nightshift, weekend, and holidays, and be willing to travel and work out of town when necessary.
- Comply with all policies and procedures in Employee Handbook.
- Ability to fully understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Work cooperatively and maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Ability to organize 5000-23’s for all sites (hazard and site specific, annual refresher, badges) and make them available on demand.
- Ability to safely lift 75-100 pounds frequently, using proper lifting techniques.
- Other job duties as assigned by management.
- A valid driver’s license is required upon hire and as a condition of continued employment
- 10-15 years’ experience in general carpentry
- 3-5 years’ experience supervising crews.
- Knowledge of methods and materials common to the carpentry trade.
- Knowledge of types of woods and composite materials and their best applications.
- Understanding of carpentry trade’s best practices and general building standards.
- Working knowledge of the Uniform Building Code (U.B.C.)
- Work is performed in various industrial settings, including Shop environment, mining environment, construction environment. Work sites may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, airborne particles and fumes from adhesives, solvents and paints. Frequent exposure to high noise levels from power equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders and work on elevated platforms.
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, gloves and other required protective equipment as required.
RAM Enterprise, Inc. promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.