Who is SpawGlass?
SpawGlass is a Texas-based commercial and civil contractor providing clients with the absolute best construction experience by operating based on the principles of the SpawGlass Way: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate, Think Like an Owner. The company was founded in 1953 by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass, hence the name SpawGlass. With seven offices across Texas, the company has approximately 800 employees statewide and is 100 percent employee-owned with ownership open to all employees.
Per Diem is available provided you live 60 miles from the job site and you qualify.
- B.S. / B.A. or equivalent experience
- Previous experience as assistant project manager and superintendent
- Experience Required: 12 years minimum
Computer Skills Required:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Primavera 6 (can obtain training)
- Develop a risk management plan based on review of contract documents
- Negotiate difficult contracts
- Demonstrate sound supervision of budget controls and cost controls plan
- Interpret legal and construction documents and administer the prime contract
- Develop and maintain project schedules
- Working knowledge and application of basic estimating and quantity take-offs; produce detailed studies that support production budgets
- Gather, analyze and interpret information on approval time, fabrication and delivery of all items
- Develop and maintain project budget; project cost forecasts; labor management maintenance and control; project cost control; monitor all expenditures with superintendent; analyze cost reports and take appropriate action; ensure accuracy of reporting; approve and prepare all scope changes and associated costs; establish Schedule of Values for monthly billing; submit monthly billing; collect interim billings and final billing
- Complete understanding of contracts and the application; prepare subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders; ensure all contract requirements are maintained throughout the project (safety documents, insurance, bond, etc.)
- Ultimately responsible for all documentation on project
- Monitor job mobilization; good technical knowledge of construction process; evaluate construction process
- Control and facilitate all project meetings
- Ultimately responsible for successful project closeout, including contract requirements and work scope items
- Listen to, understand and effectively respond to customer needs and concerns
- Monitor large or multiple projects in different stages of development; effective delegation of control and monitoring
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and peers
Lifting requirements are 25 lbs.
Benefits Offered :
Spawglass is pleased to offer these benefits to our employees:
- Life insurance
- Short and long term disability
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Stock Purchase Option
- Health Club Participation
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
To Join Our Team - APPLY TODAY!