Crane Technicians are responsible for the inspection, diagnosis, repair and maintenance of various crane equipment including mobile cranes (All Terrain, Rough Terrain, Crawler Cranes, Boom Trucks, etc.). Must have experience as a mechanic with electrical and hydraulics (heavy equipment and cranes are preferred).
• A minimum 3 years of experience as a Mobile Crane Mechanic/Technician Operates and inspects cranes in order to diagnose defects.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of CANBUS, PAT, EKS, ECOS,LICCON systems.
• Examines parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges
• Reads and understands operating manuals, parts manuals, blueprints and technical drawings
• Tests mechanical, electronic, electrical and hydraulic products and equipment after repair or modification to ensure proper operation and compliance with OEM specifications
• Prepares for jobs by checking parts and drawings for accuracy and completeness
• Capable of accomplishing tasks independently without direct supervision
• Maintain conformity to safety requirements and other regulations
• Properly fills out working reports, hour's reports, timesheets, hour's overviews, work orders, and expense reports
• Exceptional customer service and communication skills
• Ability to work overtime as well as on weekends. Travel is required periodically for 1 to 4 day intervals.
• Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
Preferred Qualifications: History of working with different forms of mobile crane equipment, specifically Grove RT and TMS Cranes; GroveGMK European Cranes; Manitowoc, Liebherr, Terex, Tadano.