Structural Welder (Pulse Arc) – 309
Pay: $45.00/Hour_____Per-Diem: $120.00/Day
Four years of NNS or naval shipyard experience as a first class Welder.
1.Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the following processes: SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding) and GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding).
2. Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
3. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
4. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry. 5. Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
6. Ability to properly use fillet and butt weld gauges.
All Welders will be required to pass all position, Multi-pass Butt Weld, Welder Qualification Tests prior to reporting for the first day of productive work. These tests will be in accordance with MIL-STD-248D Paragraph 5.3.3 and the following:
A. All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding) process.
B. All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) process.
C. Horizontal (2G) position GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding) process.
D. All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding) process.
E. Air Carbon Arc Gouging proficiency test.
The Welding School will administer the following tests:
1. All Welding Qualification Tests in “A” (6 hours), “B” (12 hours), “C” (4 hours) above.
2. Visual Inspection of Welds Level I (4 hours).
3. Welders Vision Test (5 minutes).
4. Air Carbon Arc Gouging Proficiency Test (1 hour).
3/4” plates with 1/2” gap in three different positions