Responsible for the application of paint and other coatings using electrostatic / air assist paint guns and other
automotive type paint application devices on Company products including military spec paint. This position has
the knowledge and skills to perform in any and each area of the paint process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Prime, paint, and touchup vehicles with power spray equipment and brushes. Flush tanks, hoses, and
- guns prior to color changeovers. Mix all types of paints for proper color, formula, conditions, viscosity, and
- consistency. Perform titrations and mix or adjust chemicals as needed
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment in compliance with safety procedures, rules, and proper 6S
- standards. Demonstrate best practices to follow all safe procedures in assembling and testing of all
- models/products in assigned job function
- Upkeep of work area and equipment which may include preventative maintenance tasks. Inspect product
- before, during, after paint process to ensure specifications are being met.
- Sand, wash, and condition parts as necessary. Light bodywork may be required.
- Inspection of completed parts for quality, validate components meet
- Team member has the knowledge and skills to perform in every area of the paint process.
- Assist training new team members on processes and equipment functions
- Any other tasks assigned by Supervisor to meet company needs
- Ability to start training to perform touch-up.
- Disassemble, clean, repair, adjust and reassemble painting equipment, such as pumps, paint heaters,
- tanks, spray guns, etc. for proper operation (Repairs are only required in Dodge Center)
- Apply decals, stencils, and rustproofing as required (Dodge Center only)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) months of industrial painting experience or completion of internal paint training program
- Must be able to read checklists, paint codes, Safety logs, JSA's, SWI's etc.
- Able to proficiently paint in single assigned area
- Must be able to perform mill checks and readings and help with paint prep (Riceville only)
- Able to perform fine line painting technique (Riceville only)
- Automotive paint experience
- Willingness to train in multiple areas to obtain a Painter ll level