RK is a multifaceted, industry-leading, specialty contractor headquartered in Denver, CO, with decades of experience working in the construction, manufacturing and building services industries. As a second-generation family-owned enterprise, RK prides itself on developing strong relationships with customers, as true project partners, throughout the Mountain West region. RK brings creativity, performance and optimism to every project.
RK Mechanical offers commercial and industrial plumbing, mechanical piping, process piping, HVAC and refrigeration construction.
- Three medical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and your family
- 401(k) plan with company match that is 100% immediately vested
- Dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability plans available after one year
- Company provided life insurance and AD&D with options for supplemental buy-ups.
- Paid time off and holidays
- Weekly pay
- Career development training for all levels through RK University
- Wellness coaching offering exercise planning, gym discounts, health screenings, program incentives up to $2,100 a year, and more
- Discounts on HVAC and plumbing services for your home
- Fun company and team building events, and volunteering opportunities
- Confidential counseling for personal issues, financial advice and more
- Discounts on entertainment including amusement park tickets, restaurant specials and more
What you’ll be working on:
- Waste and Vent
- Domestic Water Systems
- Natural Gas Systems
- Underground Plumbing
- Storm Drain Systems
What is expected of a Plumber:
- Receives direct supervision.
- Performs technical responsibilities.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of concepts, techniques and procedures.
- Coordinates own tasks with a specific range of responsibilities under established procedures.
- Contributes to a team under general supervision of an experienced professional or manager.
- Skilled specialist.
- Role specific skills and experience required.
- Requires judgment or initiative in resolving issues and making recommendations.
How you make Safety your top priority:
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- All employees are accountable for safety and health and are empowered to stop work if an unsafe condition is present. Employees should immediately notify their supervisor so that the hazard may be corrected.
- RK Mechanical employees and subcontractors are required to implement and maintain all safety and health systems practices including the training requirements of RK Mechanical Orientation, shop specific orientation, CPR/First Aid/AED/Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazard Identification and Reporting, and OSHA 10.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Work outside, inside, and in dusty, noisy and hazardous areas.
- Work in high places, tight places, confined spaces and/or other adverse locations.
- Climb, balance, squat, kneel and crouch.
- Work in all types of weather.
- Must have working knowledge of all trade materials and tools.
- Ability to lift and carry 51 to 75 lbs. occasionally, and/or 31 to 45 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 16 to 22 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Denver Business Journal
- #1 Denver-Area Mechanical Contractor 2014- Present
- #6 Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Company: X-Large, 2019
- #7 Denver-Area Corporate Foundation, 2020
- #7 Denver-Area Manufacturing Firm, 2020
- #14 Denver-Area Healthiest Employers, 2020
- #16 Largest Denver-Area Private Employer, 2020
- #22 Denver-Area Private-Sector Employer, 2020
- #23 Denver-Area Corporate Philanthropists, 2020
- ColoradoBiz Magazine
- #8 Top 200 Private Companies List, 2020
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) - Rocky Mountain
- 1st Place Specialty Contractor Award of Excellence- Ascent Union Station
- 2nd Place Specialty Contractor Award of Merit- Pike Peak National Cemetery
- Accredited Quality Contractor (AQC)
- “Platinum Level” Company in STEP Safety Management System
- Platinum level ratings or higher from the ABC STEP program for nine of the past twelve consecutive years
- Colorado Manufacturing Awards
- RK Mission Critical- CMA Building and Construction Manufacturer of the Year
- Colorado Workforce Development Council
- 2020 Colorado Apprenticeship Program of the Year, Employer
- Engineering News Record
- 2020 ENR Mountain States Specialty Contractor of the Year
- 2019 Colorado Project of the Year Winner- Gaylord Rockies
- 2020 Office/Retail/Mixed-Use, Award of Merit: Financial House
- 2020 Cultural/Worship, Award of Merit: Denver Art Museum Sie Welcome Center
- Top 40 and highest ranked Mechanical Firm in Colorado on ENRs Top 50 Firms in Mechanical, 2020
- #8 Top 20 Firms in Sheet Metal, 2020
- #19 Top 20 Firms in Steel Erection, 2020
- #95 ENRs “The Top 600 Specialty Contractors”, 2020
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- #16 Top 200 Performers, 2020
- #2 Top 20 Plumbing/HVAC Contractors, 2020
- #5 Top 30 Electrical Contractors, 2020
- America Heart Association