Quality Labor Management (QLM) is now hiring experienced Field Service Technician IV preferablyin the following cities:
- Orange County, CA
- Denver, CO
- Rock Springs, WY
This is a Direct Hire position. Must be motivated to work hard and have great attention to detail.
- Pay: $25 - $45 per hour dependent on experience
- Per Diem: $59 per day
- Hotel Paid
- Paid Travel Time
- Company Vehicle
- Company Credit Card
The Field Service Technician will provide hands-on technical, and operations support of Reciprocating Compression equipment and supporting utility systems within customer facilities during commissioning, start-up, operations, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, performance testing, and trouble-shooting situations as required
- Assist the Field Services Site Team Leader in the provision of technical and mechanical services to external customers in settings such as workshops, compressor stations, process plants, etc. The incumbent is also responsible for the following:
- Planning and execution of site installation activities for Reciprocating Compression equipment.
- Investigate and resolve customer reports of technical problems with equipment.
- Eliminate future operational or service difficulties by performing preventative maintenance as requested by the customer.
- Through accepted standard troubleshooting processes, diagnose and correct engine problems and / or compressor problems.
- Perform testing of equipment in the field.
- Perform minor repairs, major repairs or corrective maintenance on customer equipment including reciprocating engines and compressors.
- Complete daily safety checks and report safety concerns.
- Monitor key and critical operating variables and other process data to ensure that the engine and compressor units are operating within design parameters.
- On-site, attend operations meetings with client personnel to proactively identify issues and lead the efforts to resolve them.
- Participate in construction activities to ensure process designs are used for operational and safety, identifying improvements in unit operations based on actual field experience.
- Learn, share, and implement best practices with extended Reciprocating Compression Engineering, Sales, and Operations team members
- Establish working relationships with key customer contacts including operators, engineering, and maintenance personnel to proactively cultivate the customer relationship and manage long term and short-term issues.
- Support turn-around activities for customers including identification / justification, procedure writing, reviews, equipment inspection, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Reciprocating Compression
- Must have the following attributes: Safety focused, Service-oriented, Business focused, A self-starter
- Dependable with ability to multi-task successfully
- Mature, with the ability to take direction and thick on the fly based on the type of work and needs of the customer / business
- Well-developed administrative and organizational skills,
- Results oriented with a sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and above average interpersonal skills are required
- Clear, concise, and accurate service reporting is required
- Education - Complete training for the following:
- Associate Degree with technical concentration (Bachelor’s Degree preferred) or equivalent work experience (minimum)
- Formal training in a technical certificate program
- Technical training in the oil and gas industry or associated industry
- Must have your own hand tools up to 3/4 inch with the client providing 3/4 inch and up
- Basic Engine & Compressor Theory
- Basic Product Knowledge
- Cooper Bessemer, Ajax, Superior Engine, Superior Compressor, Gemini Compressor, Clark, Waukesha, Dresser, Caterpillar
- Basic Shop Math Skills
- Basic Computer skills – Word & Excel
- Equipment Documentation e.g., drawings…etc.
- Basic leadership skills
- Engine Balancing
- Web Deflection/Alignment
- Service bulletins
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Minimum age 18
- Proof of Identity and Employment Authorization
- Must pass 10 Panel Drug Screen, Background Check and MVR
For Immediate consideration please submit resume.
Quality Labor Management (QLM) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, transgender status or sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Company complies with applicable Federal state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.