The Pipefitter JM 1 modifies, installs, and tests Piping Systems on Navy Ships and other Marine Vessels.
- Ability to read and fabricate piping off blueprints with assistance
- Ability to accomplish Piping modifications and new installations with experienced journeymen and supervision
- Ability to learn all types of testing
- Ablility to learn to bend and threading of piping
- Set up all phases of Hot Work
- Ability to Silver Braze
The Pipefitter JM1 must be able to meet and successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The following physical demands are representative to the position.
- The position is active and requires extensive standing, walking, sitting, bending, kneeling, stooping, crawling, climbing, and crouching.
- Along with such movements, employee is required to lift parts/machinery of up to 50 pounds.
- Additional demands are listed below:
- Able to climb ladders and work off scaffolding
- Able to lift, carry, and or push up to 50lbs. throughout the shift (including overtime)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
- Has some knowledge of Piping System
- Must be able to properly set up brazing/cutting equipment onboard a ship
- Able to operate basic equipment, grinders /sawzall
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of ship repair experience and qualifications.
- Must be able to speak and understand Basic English.
- Must be able to pass pre employment drug screen and background check.