Millwrights and Mechanics with Welding Skills
NAK Kiln Services, is engaged in the design, manufacture, installation and service of rotary kilns. Our customer base includes cement manufacturers, paper mills and various other mineral and chemical processing companies located in all parts of the United States.
Installs and repairs equipment and machinery in industrial establishment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following (and any other duties as assigned):
- Fit bearings, align gears and tires and attach motors.
- Use hoists, pulleys, jacks, and come-a-longs to perform tasks.
- Install, repair, replace and dismantle machinery according to blueprint specifications.
- Act as signal person for NAK KILN SERVICES employed crane operators to ensure continuity of safety on the worksite.
- Welding: Join steel materials using FCAW (dual shield) and SMAW (stick) to form a permanent bond according to AWS D1.1 Structural code.
- Oxy/Acetylene Cutting: Use heat from burning gases to cut and trim metal objects to specific dimensions.
- Carbon Arc Gouging: Use compressed air and an electric arc to remove existing weld or steel to repair cracks or prepare a full penetration weld
- Move equipment and materials to different locations using a forklift and/or manlift.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); preferred or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Candidates must possess a valid U.S. driver's license.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee frequently is required to walk and stand and is occasionally required to climb.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee must be able to comply with Company safety procedures (including use of personal protective equipment) at any time.
This position requires extensive travel throughout the United States. Employee is regularly required to be away from home for several weeks at a time.
Your Benefits with Us
NAK Kiln Services recognizes and appreciates the exceptional quality of its employees. We are proud to offer challenging jobs with competitive benefits. Employees of NAK receive a variety of financial and personal job benefits. The suite of benefits offered is meant as a supplement to your financial package and adds to your total compensation. Below is a summary of benefits which are available to all fulltime employees:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Roth IRA
- Supplemental Life & ADD
- Paid Holidays