• minimum 5 years of aluminum welding experience.
• Experience in shipbuilding trade
• Former ABS certification – a plus
• Weld using GMAW-Pulse with .047 wire on 3mm to 12mm aluminum plate.
• Fillet/butt weld in all positions; flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead.
• Operational knowledge of Lincoln C-300.
• Working knowledge of aluminum characteristics.
• Operate pneumatic, electric, and hand tools as required.
• Read and interpret blueprints or drawings to determine the specific weld requirements.
• Must be familiar with all safety procedures and guidelines and comply with all company policies and regulations.
Required tools for Welder Subcontractors:
hardhat, safety glasses & work gloves
backing pad for angle grinder