At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
- Receives work instructions and prepares and operates equipment in accordance with instructions.
- Performs machine set ups and equipment or tooling adjustments.
- Verifies, trouble shoots, and resolves machine issues as they arise.
- Monitors the quality of own work being produced and conducts own inspection.
- Documents work as required.Actively seeks out process improvements and communicates appropriately.
- Moves materials to appropriate location for pick up to next work station.
- Performs daily clean up, maintenance, and 5s work within area of responsibility.
- Complies with all regulatory, safety, policies, and standards requirements.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
Duties - cont'd
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 2 years of CNC machine set up and operating experience. #ZR
- Experience with 3 – 5 axis machines, preferred.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints.
- Must be proficient in using measuring instruments (e.g. micrometers, calipers) to inspect own work in accordance with specifications and requirements
- Experience in a lean, continuous improvement environment.
- Knowledge of various types of metals.
- Previous experience working in the medical equipment field.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.