POSITION: Climber— Utility Line Clearance
Applications accepted until suitable candidate is selected.
Davey Utility Line Clearance, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is pleased to offer a key opportunity in the field of Utility Line Clearance as a Climber.
- Provides line clearing and tree trimming services for major electric utility providers
- Services provided include pruning treetops, repairing damaged trees by trimming or removal as well as removing broken limbs from wires, roofs, and other objects
- Properly maintain, prepare and operate all tools and equipment including hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, and aerial lifts
- Operates as part of a crew with supporting Groundman and Crew Foreman
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Driver’s license required. Commercial driver’s license preferred and may be required, depending on job requirements
- Completion of Davey Tree Trimmer Orientation Program upon hire
- Certificates and Licenses if necessary
- Pesticide license, if required by state law
- Line clearance certification if working near utility transmission lines
- Electric utility tree trimming/climbing experience preferred
What We Offer:
- Paid Time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- Charitable matching gift program
*all listed benefits available to eligible employees
Full time hourly position. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. Generous performance incentive plan. Davey offers excellent benefits, the opportunity to buy Davey stock after 1 year, and industry related training and special Davey training courses.
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and CLS are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Visit Davey Website: WWW.DAVEY.COM Job Opportunities & Company Profile Information